Hope Of The States

Nov 21, 2005
Scotland
www.myspace.com
What does everyone think of this band? Has anyone here even heard of them? I don't expect that they play the kind of music (genre-wise) that many people on this forum are into, but I urge ALL of you to check them out.

To me, they're like the musical embodiment of love, hope, joy, and all the other emotions that make us feel wonderful. I don't know if any band has ever managed to move me so resolutely before.

'The Lost Riots' was such a fantastic debut, I didn't think they could possibly match up to it, but 'Left' is just as glorious. I haven't ben able to stop playing it since I got it.

What does everyone else think? If anything :p

Liquid Diamonds said:
Yes. Right band.

And NFU... I get your point, but... honestly, I urge you to listen again. Under the surface, there's something truly special :)

do you have any idea how little time there is in the day? truly. and how much music i have that i really WANT to listen to? truly. and how much of that music actually HAS something "under the surface"? truly. the point is, theyre alright...but i just couldnt find the time in the day to listen to that. i appreciate your offer and suggestion, but im going to have to decline.

truly.

NineFeetUnderground said:
do you have any idea how little time there is in the day? truly. and how much music i have that i really WANT to listen to? truly. and how much of that music actually HAS something "under the surface"? truly. the point is, theyre alright...but i just couldnt find the time in the day to listen to that. i appreciate your offer and suggestion, but im going to have to decline.

truly.

Well, I'm going to ignore the immense and unnecessary mocking of me, and focus on the majority of that answer which made perfect sense.

I DO appreciate that you listen to an enormous amount of music, which is why I understood how you might have missed what was special about this band in the first place. I don't imagine you had an awful lot of time to listen to it, and on first listen reacted with 'they're alright', just like I did.

All I meant was that they're a band that takes a little time, and I could see how you could have dismissed them.

No need to be so defensive man, I was just making a friendly sugestion. I just wanted to share a band that brings me more joy than any other :)