Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Great Southern Trendkill

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Reinventing the steel

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Keith! said:
What do guys think of his tone on Reinventing the Steel if you disliked his earlier tone? It changed quite dramatically, there was def more mids in there and it was more crunchy.

I haven't heard it. Stopped listening after "Far Beyond Driven". I'll take a listen and let you know.

Guys I just heard "this love" for the first. I think I have completely just changed my mind about Pantera. I am going out today to buy all their other albums (i just have greatest hits). OMG I am in love with this song :) :)

sike.
pwned.
close thread.

I used to love them in my high school days and saw them live... Kind of wore them out and expanded my musical tastes in a different direction.

I just don't relate to the I'm badass, macho, angry attitude of their music anymore.

I voted Power Metal, because that's really the only album I'll put on now. It actually has a couple decent songs and a bunch of good catchy riffs for such a cheesy album.

Good band. I'd have to go with Cowboys From Hell or The Great Southern Trendkill for my favorite. It's fine if you don't like Pantera, but to disrespect them like I've seen some of you do in this thread is just idiotic. They are a unique band that introduced a lot of people to metal and helped to keep it alive. Come on, you have to at least appreciate Dimebag's playing.

SPLASTiK said:
I just don't relate to the I'm badass, macho, angry attitude of their music anymore.
I can totally relate. That's what turns me off from a lot of metal bands nowadays.

Pantera kicks ass, that simple. Dimebag fucking killed on guitar, one of the best (R.I.P. Dime). Unfortunately I only have a greatest hits album but I might get the actual albums in the future.