In the woods

Rocky Raccoon

I am the Walrus
Feb 24, 2004
Auckland, New Zealand
So I often see these guys mentioned around these parts. What does everyone think of them? Worth checking out?
What album would be the best to start with or is their best overall?

Edit:- Fuck sorry guys, Mr S please relocate to "Non-Opeth Chat"

I've only heard Omnio thought it was interesting but i never really got into it.

I have "Heart of the Ages" but I honestly haven't listened to it very attentively yet so I can't really say. I think I might do that right now though.

edit: I've been listening to it for 15 minutes or so and it's reminding me of older Anathema (which is good). I like it.
edit again: eh...nevermind about the Anathema thing. It's still pretty good though.

Omnio and Strange in Stereo are their best. i wish the singing was a little better (it took some getting used to), but the songwriting makes up for it. there are many moments which hold one's attention. the production of strange in stereo should have been better as well. it just makes the music duller. if you haven't heard this band, don't let my bickering turn you away from the band and certainly pick up one of these albums.

some ...In The Woods songs make my skin prickle, and the hair of my arms stand on end. I like them much more than what they essentially turned into - Green Carnation.

honestly, day of night, light of day or wtv its called is decent the rest is significantly worse :raidersofthelosterk:

ITW were a phantastic band, one of my top faves from the first album on. they changed their sound drastically, but i love all their releases with 'Omnio' being my all time favorite music album. vast creativity, great songwriting and top vocals.

Omnio and Strange in Stereo are their best. i wish the singing was a little better (it took some getting used to), but the songwriting makes up for it. there are many moments which hold one's attention. the production of strange in stereo should have been better as well. it just makes the music duller. if you haven't heard this band, don't let my bickering turn you away from the band and certainly pick up one of these albums.

Woah, I just had to highlight what you have said because I couldn't disagree with you more. I respect your opinion, but the singing is so unique and so freaking powerful. It suits the music just fine. The vocalist has quite a range. And the production of Strange in Stereo is FAR greater than that of Omnio. Which, to me, makes that album sound terrific.

Anyway, Omnio and Strange in Stereo are amazing albums. In the Woods... is one of my favourite bands.

Weeping Willow may have the greatest introduction to ANY song I have ever heard. It sounds so tragic and damn beautiful that words can't do it justice.

I got the album Omnio waaaay back in the day and over and over again Ive picked this album out from my collection thinking maybe this time Ill get why its always thought of as a great album, but this never pans out so. Adn dont get me wrong I love clean vocals and melodic metal from the north, but just dont get this album. I find it to be quite boring. And the vocals especially are boring to me. Ill give it another try...