In the woods

omnio = amazing
heart of ages = passable black metal if it werent for the fucking horrid screaming.... and i thought weakling had bad screaming :erk:

havent heard the rest, ill probly check out the one after omnio

there is only studio one album after omnio - strange in stereo. and it is about as good as omnio. there is also a live album. they released it a couple years ago.

I got the album Omnio waaaay back in the day and over and over again Ive picked this album out from my collection thinking maybe this time Ill get why its always thought of as a great album, but this never pans out so. Adn dont get me wrong I love clean vocals and melodic metal from the north, but just dont get this album. I find it to be quite boring. And the vocals especially are boring to me. Ill give it another try...
don't take it personally, but you like Finntroll and you say 'Omnio' is boring? wtf?!?!
this is a masterpiece of an album and the vocals by Jan Kenneth Transit are beautiful.

i guess a lot of Opeth fans like In The Woods...?

anyway, could someone help me out?

i'm writing an article about these Norwegian masters of obscurity, yet i'd like to include a few quotes from the band themselves from the time Omnio and Strange In Stereo were released. (i never read any ItW... interview and couldn't find any either)

could someone please help me out with this and scan those interviews from Terrorizer issues, if you have those, and leave those .jpg's here?

the issues with In The Woods... interviews were Terrorizer issues #43 (June 1997) and #64 (March 1999)

thanks

they are something of a prog-doom-metal-of-the-90's answer to 60's/70-s Pink Floyd and King Crimson.

started off as a atmospheric pagan black metal (in the vein of Ulver's Bergtatt or early Bathory) on Heart Of The Ages (1995), but evolved into much greater thing.

try to find Omnio (1997) and Strange In Stereo (1999) albums, really unique stuff.

i remember Mikael himself saying in some interview back in 1999 he pretty much liked Strange In Stereo too

just heard a couple of tracks by this band for the first time and really liked them. I hear they split in 2000 but does anyone recommend a purchase?
one was a king crimson cover 'epitaph' and another off omnio, i cant remember the track name.
well, what do you folks think about this band