What's the deal with Pantera?

Elysian893 said:
you're right, bremerton does suck, but i didn't grow up here lol, i'm moving back to dallas, tx in february, dallas is better than any shit city in washington.

No way. I have lived in Texas before. It sucks compared to Seattle!

Well, maybe I'm just saying that because I've lived here for so fucking long....balls.

NP: Nevermore - Enemies of Reality

Elysian893 said:
pantera wish they could hold a candle to nevermore.

Too True. So much of Pantera's output was bland. Post Pantera - damageplan were pretty awful, super joint ritual are tools and i really enjoyed down.

damn dudes pantera kicked ass. nevermore is badass, ill give them that, i was just bitchin at some dude about them in another forum, but pantera are well GODS. thats right. DIME was the man and if anyone says that his shit is boring then they apparently need to have their hearing checked.

zakk_hate_me_666 said:
damn dudes pantera kicked ass. nevermore is badass, ill give them that, i was just bitchin at some dude about them in another forum, but pantera are well GODS. thats right. DIME was the man and if anyone says that his shit is boring then they apparently need to have their hearing checked.

or, they have a clue.

SSJ4SephirothX said:
No way. I have lived in Texas before. It sucks compared to Seattle!

Well, maybe I'm just saying that because I've lived here for so fucking long....balls.

NP: Nevermore - Enemies of Reality
no way dude this place sucks balls. i'd much rather live back in dallas with my family, and friends, and try to start a metal band than here, the music scene here is sh*t. used to be in a band from around here, Fallen Angels, that went to shit, they are still together but their singer sucks and they have shit for songs. theres only 1 really good band on the scene here anymore that i can think of, and thats inquinok... shaded enmity broke up recently, so the other truly great band from seattle is gone :( the rest are just fucking panterrible ripoffs or wish they could write death metal that wasn't bland boring and uninspiring.

SymbolicChaos said:
Pantera is one of the greatest metal bands ever. Dimebag is the best metal guitarist there has ever been Vinnie is a great drummer and Phil's vocals are great. There's nothing I don't like about them. Pantera kicks Metallica's, Iron Maiden's and Nevermore's(what the fuck is that elysian893!??) and all the other overrated metal bands' asses.

Yeah Pantera is great and all and I used to love to mosh in my bedroom listening to Regular People as a 12 year old, but Nevermore pwns Pantera in every manner. But no doubt Pantera was and still is a helluva band, except their last cd, ughh that was terrible.

RIP Dime

Noble Viking said:
^ they're probably regreting that now eh? BTW, isn't Phil from New Orleans? I hope he made it out of there alright before Katrina hit....

yeah...i heard his house got destroyed....it got blown the fuck away or something. but he was last seen in a bar in texas...and then singing on stage with some band in new york, so i heard anyway

Elysian893 said:
you're right, bremerton does suck, but i didn't grow up here lol, i'm moving back to dallas, tx in february, dallas is better than any shit city in washington.

as for pantera... phil is a terrible vocalist, dimebag's riffs were boring and solos even more boring, and vinnie... definately boring. pantera wish they could hold a candle to nevermore.

yeah, and you listen to nevermore....one of the most fucking annoying vocalist i have ever heard in my life. i agree with wings of a dream, dimebag may have not been the BEST metal guitarist, but he beat the shit out of the majority of them. i dont care if you arent a fan of pantera, dimebags solo's were far from boring, a non fan could even tell you that. clearly you just have shit taste in music

one of the most annoying vocalists? even moreso than phil? damn thats hard to do. warrel imo has one of the most easily identifiable, and unique, voices in metal. and it fits the music perfectly. and dimbag's solos are boring and wholely unorigional.

Elysian893 said:
one of the most annoying vocalists? even moreso than phil? damn thats hard to do. warrel imo has one of the most easily identifiable, and unique, voices in metal. and it fits the music perfectly. and dimbag's solos are boring and wholely unorigional.

his vocals are very annoying, he sounds goofy as hell. im not saying phil is better, i mean he's alright, but not my favorite at all. i just think he sounds like a complete retard when he sings. and as for dime's solos being unoriginal, please explain this. we all know he has a bluesy style to his playing, and of course thats not too original, a lot of people do what he does, or did, on guitar. but as for being boring, naaa...he had some good shit going. i dont see how you can listen to nevermore's guitar players and enjoy them and say that dime was boring. not that they are exactly alike in style but, all 3 are fucking good players.

Noble Viking said:
I've never heard of this, but I have only been listening to them for a year or so....is this widely known or is this some rumor that's been spread on the web?
it was widely knowin back in the early 90's when they changed their sound that was VERY similar to Exhorder, but then everyone just got over it after a while.

in my opinion Exhorder was way better

when i heard warrel's vocals i didn't like them at first but after a little bit i started to like them and now i think they're great and work perfectly for nevermore. warrel > most metal vocalists out there nowadays.

Elysian893 said:
no way dude this place sucks balls. i'd much rather live back in dallas with my family, and friends, and try to start a metal band than here, the music scene here is sh*t. used to be in a band from around here, Fallen Angels, that went to shit, they are still together but their singer sucks and they have shit for songs. theres only 1 really good band on the scene here anymore that i can think of, and thats inquinok... shaded enmity broke up recently, so the other truly great band from seattle is gone :( the rest are just fucking panterrible ripoffs or wish they could write death metal that wasn't bland boring and uninspiring.

Well, you ARE in Bremerton. Might as well live in complete isolation.

NP: Nevermore - Bittersweet Feast