What's the deal with Pantera?

Blake

ekalB
Aug 17, 2005
Ok I know pretty much nothing about Pantera and I don't listen to them but I'm very confused on why some people hate them so much. Something about stealing someone's music or something? Can somone please clear this up for me I would just like to know.

DarkStEaLtH233 said:
Ok I know pretty much nothing about Pantera and I don't listen to them but I'm very confused on why some people hate them so much. Something about stealing someone's music or something? Can somone please clear this up for me I would just like to know.
they were okay but not great, just one of those bands i can't sit there and listen too for very long

and about the "stealing someone's music" they were accused for stealing Exhorders sound when "Cowboys From Hell" came out in 1990, completely changing there sound from the hair glam metal (or whatever the fuck you want to call it) to their more thrashier "Exhorder" like sound from Cowboys From Hell and so on...

IconOfSin said:
they were okay but not great, just one of those bands i can't sit there and listen too for very long

and about the "stealing someone's music" they were accused for stealing Exhorders sound when "Cowboys From Hell" came out in 1990, completely changing there sound from the hair glam metal (or whatever the fuck you want to call it) to their more thrashier "Exhorder" like sound from Cowboys From Hell and so on...

I've never heard of this, but I have only been listening to them for a year or so....is this widely known or is this some rumor that's been spread on the web?

Pantera is one of the greatest metal bands ever. Dimebag is the best metal guitarist there has ever been Vinnie is a great drummer and Phil's vocals are great. There's nothing I don't like about them. Pantera kicks Metallica's, Iron Maiden's and Nevermore's(what the fuck is that elysian893!??) and all the other overrated metal bands' asses.

SymbolicChaos said:
Pantera is one of the greatest metal bands ever. Dimebag is the best metal guitarist there has ever been Vinnie is a great drummer and Phil's vocals are great. There's nothing I don't like about them. Pantera kicks Metallica's, Iron Maiden's and Nevermore's(what the fuck is that elysian893!??) and all the other overrated metal bands' asses.

Amen brother. Amen.

DarkStEaLtH233 said:

dude.. pantera sucks??
i almost only hear good things about them so "people hate pantera" :guh:

SymbolicChaos said:

:lol:

Elysian893 said:
whats the deal with pantera? they sucked at life when they were a band, and they still suck at life now.

Apparantly they suck at death too....

SSJ4SephirothX said:
No, Bremerton sucks!

Pantera was best during their CFH days.

NP: Nevermore - Evolution 169
you're right, bremerton does suck, but i didn't grow up here lol, i'm moving back to dallas, tx in february, dallas is better than any shit city in washington.

as for pantera... phil is a terrible vocalist, dimebag's riffs were boring and solos even more boring, and vinnie... definately boring. pantera wish they could hold a candle to nevermore.

i dont have a huge problem with them but i certainly do not like their vocals... i never listen to tones of their stuff, i found 1 or 2 of their songs and i wasnt too impressed