What's the deal with Pantera?

Tut Ankh Amon said:
dude, totally offtopic, and i mean no offence at all but...

how many bands have you seen with the name "fallen angels"? :lol:
I HONESTLY have seen 4 or 5 of them. This would be the 6th :lol:
i didn't name the band, nor am i in it anymore;) they pretty much suck at life. we did open for reunion lineup testament though, that will probably be the high point of that band's career.

i know, just thinking out loud :p
it's cause i was on a band with that name too, so i couldn't let it pass :lol:

and hey, my band's high point was playing some Dream Theater covers on a cheap ass place with my drums falling apart, and a review that didn't have my name in it, and they mispelled the guitar player's name, so don't think they suck that much :lol: :p

Tut Ankh Amon said:
my band's high point was playing some Dream Theater covers on a cheap ass place with my drums falling apart, and a review that didn't have my name in it, and they mispelled the guitar player's name, so don't think they suck that much :lol: :p

Oh man, that reminds me of a Battle of the Bands me and my old band did back in 2001.

It was actually set up by my drummer's school. Our setlist was pretty damn short because everybody had like a 15 minute slot (which we exceeded by far):

Sepultura - Desperate Cry
Slayer - Dead Skin Mask
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Paradox (My original)

All together we probably were up there for about 30 minutes. We got first place and by getting first place, we got some random shit, a record deal (which we turned down) and a plaque thingy with our name on it which remains at the school.

Well, they fucked up our name. Not just a little but a lot. Rob thought it was funny, I was pissed.

Oh well, you still love troll penis, Yanko.

fuck all this shit, pantera kicks ass, they're easily in the top 10 metal bands of all time, and dimebag played the hell out of that guitar. i dont care who doesnt like the band, thats your opinion, but it doesnt change the fact that dime could shred. end of story. sorry he isnt steve smyth, jeff loomis, or alexi laiho, but the fucker could shred as well as them any day of the week. its all just a matter of having different styles of playing. but seriously, i would go as far as saying dimebag is a shitty player.

Jani Laiho said:
fuck all this shit, pantera kicks ass, they're easily in the top 10 metal bands of all time, and dimebag played the hell out of that guitar. i dont care who doesnt like the band, thats your opinion, but it doesnt change the fact that dime could shred. end of story. sorry he isnt steve smyth, jeff loomis, or alexi laiho, but the fucker could shred as well as them any day of the week. its all just a matter of having different styles of playing. but seriously, i would go as far as saying dimebag is a shitty player.
lol dimebag couldn't touch loomis in the technique aspect of things, so no, he couldn't shred as well as them.

nevermore sucks balls compared to PANTERA .......DIME WAS KING!!!!\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/\m/

Pantera does kick ass and Dime was a kcik ass Shredder. Sure he isnt as good as other shredders but he is good even though his solos wernt complex he made it sound god like. And Nevermore yeah they are ok with me I personally dont like them much but thats my opinion, but Pantera does kick ass their shit neveer got boring for me I can sit for hours and listen to their shit until it repeated so many times were it got annoying but anyway Pantera kicks ass and Dime kicks ass thats all there is to it in my opinion.