• Far Beyond Driven

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Great Southern Trendkill

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Reinventing the steel

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Terry Date had a hell of alot of influence on the whole dime sound too, i'm sure it was his crafting that made it become what it did. And he was the reason Pantera records had their own huge sound.

the_drip said:
meh I agree with you on why they appealed so much...but I couldn't ever get into them. due to his tone and I really hate phil anselmo..he never impressed me either.

And I'm pretty sure there's people who agree wtih me about my distaste for Dimebag tone. It is atrocious.

Bullshit, he has one of the most sort after tones in the business. Don't see how anyone could think his tone was atrocious..

I really like them, my favorite is Vulgar Display of Power but i like all the post-glam releases, Anselmo's bark sounded very cool and a lot of metal singers tried to copy him in the 90's, and he also could deliver some damn good REAL melodies. They managed to make a brutal, honest sound with some of the best aspects of hardcore, thrash and traditional metal(and even some classic rock), Dimebag's solos and riffs are truly awesome, to tell the truth the only thing that i never liked about them is the poser-macho attitude of Anshitsmo, but overall, great band.

i aint play this said:
Agreed with what? btw, you talk like you have any credibilty to set standards of what sucks or not, shut the hell up wetfart.
Well, you might know more about sucking than me, but I can tell this band is going nowhere :Smug:

Also I was joking about agreeing. k, die

metal_wrath said:
Well, you might know more about sucking than me, but I can tell this band is going nowhere :Smug:

Also I was joking about agreeing. k, die

yea a band tends to go nowhere after they split up and their guitarist dies...:Smug:

^I hope you realise you just agreed with metal_wrath, making your opinion's value drop to zero.

I'm with the "I-never-liked-his-tone" people. The mids are just so sucked out, it sounds bizarre. I loved CFH when I first heard it, and VDOP was in my tape deck for about 4 months straight. But I always thought the guitar sounded weird, and it became tiresome to listen to them.

Years later, I put CFH on and just couldn't mak it through. Dime was a hell of a player, but I just can't get by the production. Pretty sweet drum sound, though...

What do guys think of his tone on Reinventing the Steel if you disliked his earlier tone? It changed quite dramatically, there was def more mids in there and it was more crunchy.