Horror flicks...

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Hellraiser is on - man it's been forever since I saw this gem!

Anyone else catching some good horror this week? I've been a bit disappointed noone has played The Omen to death grr. AMC Horrorfestor whatever it is has been pretty lackluster. (Tremors?! Horror?! pft)

i watched the omen, the changeling, and the exorcist over the past week or so. lots of the ones i wanted to see are on wait with netflix though, sucks. rosemary's baby, the shining, hellraiser, poltergiest, etc.

heard about this movie called incubus that i want to see, starring pre-star trek william shatner with a script entirely in the artificial language Esperanto. :kickass:

meh... I haven't watched a lot of good horror movies...but, I remember when I was 15, 3 friends and I watched a remastered dvd version of the first Evil Dead, hehe... we were so into it that it actually was scary. Then I watched it again the morning after, and I thought it was pretty lame.

have you seen evil dead 2? SEE IT NOW!!!! evil dead is fun, army of darkness rules, but EVIL DEAD 2 IS ONE OF THE BEST FILMS EVER MADE!!!

hehe, I'll call my friends of that time (we don't see each other a lot since we all moved to continue our studies) and rent the entire trilogy. I'll laugh my ass off when I'll see the guy cutting his arm off and replacing it with a chainsaw :D

Eden Kriss - Event Horizon rules - picked it up on DVD ages ago and still dig it out for drunken horror nights with my mates on a near-monthly basis.

I bought the Nightmare On Elm Street box set a few months back too - all seven films for £30. Admittedly, only the first and last are any fuckin' good, but the sight of Freddy dancing about behind a deaf guy, shouting and mocking, is worth watching Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare for.

Thanatopsis123 said:
Horror? No. Awesome? Yes.
absolutely.
EdenKriss said:
Anyone seen event horizon?
twice, because i forgot how much it sucked the first time. should've been good, but it wasn't.
Claws of Perdition said:
I've always had a love for House of 1000 Corpses. It's just a bitchin movie a nice change from a lot of the crap that gets made.
i was just talking about this flick last night, how all my friends hate it. i thought it ruled. it was genuinely creepy while being goofy at the same time. sorta slowed down at the end, but i thought zombie's little cut scenes were done really well and helped propel the movie along just fine.

EdenKriss said:
Anyone seen event horizon?
Yeah, I even made a presentation about the flaws of the technological features presented in the movie (travels through black holes). The movie was okay, but it could have been much better. It's the same guy who made Mortal Kombat and Alien vs Predator, so don't wonder why it sucked. AvP could have been such a great movie if someone else directed it... and the scenario sucked, why didn't they used the same used in the game? Add a plot and you get a decent movie... instead of a movie about a relationship between a female human and an alien predator... :bah:

there's something about Event Horizon I've always liked, it has loads of flaws, and it bases its scares off of loud noises and bright flashes, but granted it's still fun, and has an atmosphere I really enjoy.

ps- <3 sam neill

pps- it's a very manly non gay kind of love.. like between a lumberjack and his pancakes

AsModEe said:
instead of a movie about a relationship between a female human and an alien predator... :bah:

That's what the comic was about though. I do agree, however, that the film failed big time. It should have been all out war.

Films made from comics or videogames always range somewhere between "complete suckage" to "above average". I haven't seen one yet which blows me away.

Let's see:

First four Batmans (although the first one was good)
X Men 1 & 2 (both could have been so much more)
Spiderman 1 & 2 (Tobey Maguire is so lame)
Superman 1 - 4 (First 3 were pretty cool)
Res Evil 1 & 2 ( haha)
House of the Dead (lolz)
Super Mario Bros (what?)
The Hulk (oh dear goat, what was that...)
Judge Dread (stallone and his lips)
The Punisher (the new one made the old one with Dolph look good)

Haven't seen Fantastic Four, Sin City, or Batman Begins yet....I hope SC & BB are as good as everyone says they are.

And Doom looks naff, won't even bother with that.

SIN CITY WTF. dude see it NOW. it really is that good. no seriously, it really is.

that and the first batman are mindblowing. everything else ranges from fun beertimes to utter shite (lolz i typed "white" at first DAMN HONKY).

god damn nad said:
SIN CITY WTF. dude see it NOW. it really is that good. no seriously, it really is.

I know, I know.....Markgugs has been telling me this since the day it came out. I'm so lame.....

that and the first batman are mindblowing. everything else ranges from fun beertimes to utter shite (lolz i typed "white" at first DAMN HONKY).

....well, perhaps not that lame. :loco:

Chromatose said:
there's something about Event Horizon I've always liked, it has loads of flaws, and it bases its scares off of loud noises and bright flashes, but granted it's still fun, and has an atmosphere I really enjoy.

Same here.

Also, I just watched Saw II. It was better than the first but still sucked ass.