Horror flicks...

I thought Saw was the biggest let down in horror I've ever seen. Danny Glover ruined that shitz, and I saw the ending coming a mile off. Good concept though, so I'll check out the sequel.

I liked Event Horizon, but Paul Anderson still sucks donkey nuts. EH was like Silent Hill in space.

Res Evil series > Silent Hill series, although SH is a little more sick

Just watched "House of Wax". It was solid. The ending was a bit over the top. But hey, I could stare at Elisha Cuthbert for a few months straight without getting board.

The first two "Hellraiser" flicks were quite good. Don;t recall which I prefered.

Claws... what did u have against "U-Turn"? I thought it was a pretty solid thriller.

Zod

JayKeeley said:
I thought Saw was the biggest let down in horror I've ever seen. Danny Glover ruined that shitz, and I saw the ending coming a mile off. Good concept though, so I'll check out the sequel.

Aww man, thanks a lot:Smug:
Talk bad about the glove and ya get no love:zzz:
fuckah...

But yeah people, go check out Saw II! In theaters now!

General Zod said:
Just watched "House of Wax". It was solid. The ending was a bit over the top. But hey, I could stare at Elisha Cuthbert for a few months straight without getting board.

The first two "Hellraiser" flicks were quite good. Don;t recall which I prefered.

Claws... what did u have against "U-Turn"? I thought it was a pretty solid thriller.

Zod
man, house of wax sucked but i dig elisha cuthbert too. re: "wrong turn" - i know what Claws is saying. pretty bad movie. not scary AT ALL (although ive seen it twice, heheh). that movie is where i first saw eliza dushku though.
another movie that came out around the same time is cabin fever. i thought it was actually pretty good. lots of nods to the evil dead series and other movies so i could definitely relate. i was impressed with the director/writer but havent seen shit from him since. one other thing: cerina vincent is fucken ssuuuuuuper hot. worth renting it just for her presence alone.

synopsis of above post: if a horror movie contains a hot mid-20s actress, i like it. apparently.

Thanatopsis123 said:
Resident Evil GC remake and Silent Hill 4 are the best horror games I've played.
hell yeah. RE for gamecube was the best non-sports game ive ever played. great graphics and story/atmosphere. it broke my heart when i couldnt get past a certain puzzle and gave up on the goddam thing. even worse was when i caved and bought another RE game - RE 3, maybe, dont remember - thinking it would be similar in scope, graphics, storyline, but NO. it was fucking terrible.
i have SH 4 right now for xbox. i stopped playing it when i got GTA: San Andreas. now that i traded that turd in, i can get back to playing SH 4, which is an awesome game. good call on those two, thanatopsis. got any more recommendations?

Sadly those are really the only ones I'd recommend in the horror game genre. I might recommend the lastest RE on GC but you can't fucking strafe.

If you simply want an amazing game, however, go for Shadow of the Colossus for PS2. It's fucking amazing. It's epic, artistically wonderful, and one of the most emotional games ever.

i only have xbox. and i dont play games on my PC. in fact, i have the urge to throw this piece of shit out the window.

i think russell said he liked devil's rejects. i'm looking forward to seeing it, but i... okay i didn't even know it was released 3 months ago. :rolleyes:

i don't think it was advertised much or released too widespread out here. oh well, it'll probably be on dvd in like a month anyhow.

edit: This movie will be released on DVD Nov 08, 2005. :headbang:

JayKeeley said:
Hellraiser 2 > any other Hellraiser

Aggreed...

Dr.jpg

I've been watching the Bravo networks "100 scariest movies of all time" series. Cool series, although they ranked "28 Days Later" as number 100, which deserves way higher in the list, and "Jaws" as number 1, which deserves way lower...

I also recently caught "The Exorcist - The Beginning" - sucked. but then saw "Dead End" - Ruled!

Impaling Most Common Horror Film Death

Mon Oct 31, 1:08 PM ET

LOS ANGELES - Sharp objects are more terrifying than bullets: A new horror movie survey says that impaling is the most common way for celluloid evildoers to do away with their victims.

The new Web site FamilyMediaGuide.com surveyed 100 of the most popular horror movies produced since 1975. It found more than 1,700 violent acts, with nearly a quarter of those involved victims being impaled.

The most violent film was 2003's "Freddy vs. Jason," with 167 violent acts, according to the site. Steven Spielberg's 1975 film "Jaws" came in a surprising second, largely because of the number of times the great white shark chomped into its victims.

Honorable mention went to Tim Burton's 1999 film "Sleepy Hollow," which featured 27 beheadings.

Oddly enough, the "Halloween" films didn't receive a mention.

i think a lot of people don't understand the inherent hilarity with horror flicks such as that. sucks to be them.