horror movies

cthulufhtagn said:
battle royale! everyone who's seen that knows what i'm talking about, that movie is brutal.

land of the dead was ok, i found it a little disappointing but worth seeing.

hehe battle royale first one was indeed great and brutal, u seen the 2nd one, just plain hilarious, the bit at the end where the jap jumps over their heads with the rugby ball = funniest moment in any horror ever

My faves:
Braindead, Bad Taste - classic gore/horror/grotesque films by Peter Jackson :)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre - first old part which is the best IMO.
The Eye - first part, nice horror from Japan. But I think the most of Japan movies become to be the copy of Ring. As someone mention here Audition - yeah this movie was something different from other Japanese productions. Nice movie indeed. :)
The Friday 13th - first part... I nearly shitted my pants when I was watching it when I was a kid ;)
Of course all Romero's "....of the dead" series :)

Well I think horror/gore movies sux a lot nowadays... there are not too many good movies anymore. The most of films are based on schemes from the past... but anyway I dunno but I like watching this shit with hope to see something good :)

I didnt rate "the eye" highly
Has anybody seen "dead mans shoes"? Its a low budget British film aobut this guy who goes on a killing spree to avenge his brothers death at the hands of the local drug dealers. Its got a cool twist in it. The best thing about it is how calm the guy is when he goes around killing, he tells them hes going to kill them and walks off.....then kills em later when he feels like it

Ye old thread, rise from the dead.

I just saw Stuck.
Has anyone else seen it? It reminds me of Evil Dead in a few ways. Great movie, funny as hell.
Its been a while since I saw such a good horror-flick.

My favorite ones are:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Original one and remakes)
The Shining
The Exorcist
The Omen
The Descent
Suspiria
The Beyond
The Thing
Wolf Creek
Wrong Turn
The Friday 13th
Ring (original and remake)

And so many more, it's my favorite movie genre!!

The Ladder(What I meant was Jacob's Ladder) to me is one of the only good "horror" movies.

Is there anything like it? No religious bullshit and OH WHAT'S IN THERE? OH IT'S A MONSTER! NOW I RUNS! OH RLY? YA RLY! NAW NAT RLY!

Thanks man, I really like the psychological aspect, I don't care for visual horror that much, very few things can shock me, the Saw movies are boring, Hostel.. even worse.

I saw the original Omen, didn't like it that much.. but it was cool to watch anyway, might have been the fact I saw the remake first.

The Ladder?
Care to link it at imdb?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099871/

Was tough to find it heh, had to go throw my voting history.

It's not about it being scary, I mean come on who gets scared after 15?

Nowadays my 10 year old bro doesn't.

It's just the story is cool, it drowns you in, it's not one of those surprise look at me I'm going to av yo naw baby scares, it's more about realizing and not realizing wtf is going on, the twist in the end is cool, but you might get it before.

YES IT WAS<IDIOT

The Descent was great haha I just saw it at imdb.com, I remember watching it, the twist at the end made me laugh so hard, it's so cool.

The descent was really good indeed, I was really surprised cause I saw it expecting a bad film.

ouch, don't spoil the movie, in case someone here wants to see it.