horror movies

The Mist SUCKED!
Such a SK Cliché, bleh.

The Mist short story from the Skeleton Crew book by Stephen King is fuckin' excellent! The movie..... was lame. Especially the ending. I wish King would have made The Mist into a mini-series. The way he left the ending open, could have had huge potential imo.

They fight little dragon creatures in The Mist? Haha. Just saw the trailer, I'm gonna download it to make sure it's that lame hehe, I sure kinda dislike the guy playing the main dad character, he's movies are usually crappy.

I loved the ending to the Mist. Was a lot more bleak and I never expect the endings of the books to remain in movie adaptations anyway. Especially short stories.

As for favorite horror movies, I'll add mine.

1) The Beyond - Best zombie movie ever. Everything from the kills to the music to the story, it's just awesome. It's pretty dated as far as effects go, but if you are a real horror fan that stuff shouldn't bother you.

2) Gates of Hell/City of the Living dead - Easily the most brutal kill scene ever with the dude who makes the chick barf out all of her organs out of her mouth. So fucked up looking.

3) Dawn of The Dead - don't really need to elaborate....

4) Night of the Demons - It's one of the campy 80's flicks that usually gets lost in the shuffle when people are rattling off their favorite Jason movie. It's got a great cast of cheesy 80's characters, some awesome quotes, and a really fucked up demon sex scene.

5) Event Horizon - I don't care that Paul Anderson sucks balls in everything else he has ever done, this movie is awesome. Sam Neil and Lawrence Fishburne both rocked in it and the supporting cast was perfect. Liberate Tutame Ex Inferis!!!!

6) Tenebrae - Suspiria is awesome, but this is one of Argento's other masterpieces from that era. Best axe to the head scene ever. Giallo at it's best.

7) Hellraiser 2 - The first one is obviously awesome as well, but this fucking movie is brutal. The whole scene with the mental patient slicing himself up with the razor to "get the bugs off him" and the skinless bitch coming out of the blood-soaked mattress is one of the most gut-wrenching scenes in history. Dr. Channard is the coolest character in the entire series as well (next to Pinhead of course).

8) Demons - Argento produced demon flick. Really gross demon transformations, and a ludicrous story about how a movie about demons changes people into demons, but it's got a lot of character to it.

9) Black Sabbath - One of Mario Bava's best. It's got 3 stories, but the middle one is my favorite. It features Boris Karloff as as "wurdalak", (basically a vampire) who feeds on his family. The directing is fucking amazing....an obvious inspiration to Argento's Suspiria, so if you are a fan of that watch this movie.

10) Inside - Rather new movie by french newcomer Alexandre Bustillo about a chick who wants to steal the baby of another chick...while it's still in her womb. I haven't had my jaw drop like I did while watching this movie in YEARS. So fucked up, shocking, and well-directed to boot. Reminded me of a more gory, more fucked up Halloween.

I could type for hours about horror movies...I live it and breathe it even more than metal, so I'm happy this was necroed. :p

-D

I just saw The Wicker Man...
Im so fucking pissed off right now, what a frustrating fucking ending.
It might actually be the most annoying ending i have ever seen, those retarded bitches should've died.

Wow DustyP, I'm slowly gonna check those movies out, you seam to know what your watching hah.

Did you like Grindhouse (Planet Terror)? I found it pretty entertaining. Loved the old school retro tribute gore filming techniques haha.

Wow DustyP, I'm slowly gonna check those movies out, you seam to know what your watching hah.

Did you like Grindhouse (Planet Terror)? I found it pretty entertaining. Loved the old school retro tribute gore filming techniques haha.

Planet Terror is badass. Definitely a throwback to the more outlandish kind of horror movie where the only goal is to do wacky, gross effects.

But yeah, I do watch a lot. I watch everything from the best of the best to the worst of the worst.

-D

^the creatures are cool but i didnt understand the end :(

Remember when husband and wife were in the school and he said that he felt her perfume? well, that explains everything... the wife was a ghost. She died along with her daughter and the police when they crashed, only to enter into some kind of purgatory along with all the sinners of silent hill.

You can also see that at the end of the movie... when the husband enter into his house and feels once again his wife presence.

There's even an EVP (electronic voice phenomena) scene when she call her husband and he couldn't hear anything but random words.

Dusty knows his horror that's all I have to say. I myself am a huge horror fan. I went through all the phases. I went on a classic horror movie binge and saw most of the "must see" classics, then went on what people like to call a "gore-hound" type thing and tried to see all the most brutal movies out there. Still I'm always watching for a few new good ones.

Most modern horror movies are a fucking joke though. Especially the remakes of good asian horror movies(and the Japanese know their horror very well). Hostel can lick my left nostril, same with The Ring, and 90% of teen slasher flicks made after the early 90's. The late 70's to late 80's was in my eyes the golden age of horror movies with a few exceptions of course. One new movie I just watched recently was Feast. I love an old fashion monster movie. It's about a bunch of people that get holed up in a bar in the middle of nowhere (err..Dusk till dawn anyone?) with toothy monstrosity's tearing them apart one by one. Very cool creatures. I wish I could find more movies that were just monster flicks actually.

invasion-of-the-body-snatchers-movie-poster1.jpg

Classic.

Hell yeah Delta!!
Good to see another horror fanatic around here.
Though, I have to say...Eli Roth wins points for me for Hostel because I know what his intentions were with it: To make a gory movie with titties. That's it. It got to be a fucking huge box office megahit but it wasn't supposed to be. I LOVED Cabin Fever and his "Thanksgiving" grindhouse trailer. Hostel 2 sucked, though :(

I agree about the 70s and 80s, though. God, what a glorious time of movies. There are just so many good films from that era from Argento, to Bava, to Fulci (my cat's name!) to Hammer Horror, to HG Lewis. Happily, a lot of those directors (except Lucio Fulci RIP) are still making movies right now. Not as good as their glory days, of course, but it's still good to see them doing stuff (although HG lewis's Blood feast 2 was shockingly awesome and very much like the orginial).

I'm anxiously awaiting Mother of Tears...the 3rd witch story in the Suspiria/Inferno trilogy.

-D

I love horror too. I know everyone knows them, but the Nightmare on elm street films are my faves, I just love freddy. except the second one, it was shit. And I'm happy some people are recommending some GOOD horror movies here, as dusty and Delta said, all the new "horror" films are just a joke...every girl at 6am is scarier.