How about a song sung by a different band member?

Soul of Ice

Rusted Angel
Jul 29, 2002
Yonkers
Visit site
When i saw Symphony X in NY I noticed that Pinnella was doing most of the backup singing and from what I heard, it wasnt half bad. I was wondering if anyone else thinks if it would be interesting to have someone else besides Russell singing a song?

:lol: this reminds me of Lars singing for Metallica :lol::lol: if any of the band can sing well it wouldn't be that bad to hear something like that, as long as I don't have Lars singing on it :lol:

hmm.... interesting idea, but seriously, Russell Allen is such an important part of the songs that leaving him out would just not be good. His voice is too great to leave out (especially live, he SLAUGHTERED!!!!!!).

Maybe not an entire song... but maybe some trade-off vocals during part of a song... like Pain of Salvation die at the end of "In The Flesh" from "The Perfect Element".

Random thought...for those of you at the symphony x concert in NYC didnt Pinnella look like a pirate with that shirt he was wearing? I could just imagine him with an eyepatch and he would have been the Pirate Pianist. Ok that was very dumb and my apologies, but he did look like a pirate says I!

:D

I think that Sxmphony X should stick with da man! Sir Russell is too good to be true... ;)

Hehe... †Russel Allen†®: I'd definitely go for a guest appearance named STEVE WALSH (wouldn't allow any other vocalist besides), hitting it straight on with "The Edge Of Forever", "Lady Of The Snow" and/or "Candlelight Fantasia", yet on the other hand........ RJD...hmm, both performing "Inferno"?