How are you guys doin?

If they own a private business, they can do as they please. And if they choose to hinder their bottom line and probably go out of business, that's on them.

Also, if other people choose to wear a mask, wtf do I care? How is that harming others?

4nc9ik.jpg

In the honor of levity...

Not my feelings.

It just sucks for my kids. Wearing a mask. Places have limited seating or visitors. Theaters closed. My daughters color guard performances cancelled. Etc

wait, are you saying that a global pandemic is inconvenient and sucks and affects your life? truly now i have heard it all

also of course surgical masks do not work at all, that’s why they require surgeons to wear them during surgeries

Reactions: swizzlenuts
I don't mind the mask since I found some that are comfortable (satin, ooh la la). It's nice on cold morning commutes. My main complaint is the glasses fogging in cold temps. No mask I have tried will properly fit over my nose to seal that out (thanks, nose job). So, I wear my contacts into work, otherwise I can't see anything through my glasses while trying to cross the street. Then I change back into my glasses once inside.

Hmm, haven't tried that. Does it streak or smear?

Oh yeah, this week is Thanksgiving. I know this is going to be a complicated holiday for some, terrible for others, but I am so relieved to have a Thanksgiving for once where I'm not expected to make the rounds to multiple households.

Reactions: Krilons Resa
Yeah how many US Americans are traveling for Spanksgiving, working against any medical community guidance? I'm sure all the out of state license plates I saw this weekend were Essential Workers on crosscountry assignment.

Many, I'm sure. My job is also sure of that, so we're back to remote work only after Thanksgiving and until January. Maybe longer, depending how on how cases shape up after the holidays.

Gotta drag my printer back home on Wednesday, bleh.

I'm so over this shit. I wish everyone could collectively decide "let's just forget about Thanksgiving this year and hope for the best in 2021". It's so weird and awkward to see people scrambling for some feeling of normalcy. I'm specifically talking about my own family and workplace... this isn't a projection upon the country as a whole. No matter the consequence, people are going to do what they want this week. Why can't we just work a normal schedule today and then go home? Instead we have to endure some weird, masked social distancing lunch/party with individually wrapped items and queues for food. What's the fucking point? I totally support all of these protective measures on a day-to-day basis but I can't believe what people are willing to do to hold onto this shit. Absolute madness.

That being said: I'm thankful every day to have a job so I'll keep my mouth shut.

I also wish people would just chill this holiday season. If they would, then today might not be my last day in the office until January (or longer), which has me really bummed out, almost cried this morning. It's also hurting our students who really need face-to-face assistance as we finish out the last few weeks of the semester (historically one of our busiest times). But no, everyone's got to travel and mingle, so we have to close our doors until the surge of holiday infections levels out.

Reactions: Krilons Resa