How are you guys doin?

3,000+ dead per day in the US now. 10 counties in California are out of ICU beds. Both stats have nowhere to go but much worse, very soon. I know plenty of people that had sizable Spanksgiving gatherings.

Speaking of my Golden State, it now has the Covid contact tracing thingy for your phone, which I signed up to. Only took until month 9 for the techiest state in the union to do this. Amazing. I went grocery shopping this morning so I can't wait for my first YOU GOT RONA'D notification to pop up, since I talked to some lady about cookies for 10 seconds and bumped into someone by the organic bananas.

I read that many people are going THAT'S HOW THE GUBMINT GETS YA at such a thing, yet still happily carrying around a smartphone GPS tracking device with them at all times anyhow (whilst posting all their personal information to Facebork).

Humanity really is too stupid to live. Is? Are? See I don't even know anymore, and I was raised by linguists.

Last edited:
Is there a reliable source that details the demographics of the deaths?

The MSM loves to just report on the deaths of POC OMG and occasionally the one random super healthy athletic 20 year old.

I check with the CDC and Covidactnow.org but I don't think they have current demographics. CDC website currently down, they probably flipped the table and will never return. "Good luck, fuckers!"

The only news I regularly check is Reuters because they don't seem to have an absurdly blatant bias like so many other sources. Or their bias agrees with my own and I'm completely blind to it, lol idk.

it's a 9/11 every day!
Yeah somehow NEVAR FORGET has now turned into IDGAF.

Reactions: Krilons Resa
Speaking of my Golden State, it now has the Covid contact tracing thingy for your phone, which I signed up to. Only took until month 9 for the techiest state in the union to do this. Amazing. I went grocery shopping this morning so I can't wait for my first YOU GOT RONA'D notification to pop up, since I talked to some lady about cookies for 10 seconds and bumped into someone by the organic bananas.

The UK had a similar fiasco with the tracing app. In one of the earlier versions, the app even incorrectly started sending out notifications telling people they had been near someone with the virus:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-54522438

Just about, I think it's close enough that by the time I hit post, we'll have gone beyond WWII deaths.

EDIT: Nope, surpassed WWII a few days ago. Good goat.

I am 78.2356% convinced I had it about a year ago.

Every year after the NAMM show (120,000+ people from around the world in a convention center for 4+ days straight, with zero elbow room for hours upon hours, everyone screaming at all times because it's so fucking loud), most people get sick to some extent. Once you go a few times you just sort of expect it and hope for the best with an overdose of vitamin C every morning.

It's called NAMMthrax. Said 'thrax from January 2020 was particularly gnarly. I knew several people that were laid out for weeks, others that had hacking and breathing issues for months afterward. Everyone I knew from the show was sick to some extent, which was also different. I got sick and it kicked my ass for a few days, but it wasn't absurd. Didn't think much about it until a few months later...

I wanted to get an anti-body test in April when Shit Got Real just to verify, but I was quite busy drinking myself into oblivion at the time trying to survive all the chaos that ensued. Never got around to it, alas.

Last edited:
does anyone here think youve had it and didnt really notice?

Yeah, I wonder every day. I never had the chance to work from home during this entire thing, so I've had way more exposure than most of my friends and relatives. In early March before this whole mess really started, I was visiting family in NJ. We went to an indoor farmers market, handled cash, ate food with our unwashed hands. Normal shit that people would be horrified by these days. When I got back, we met up with some friends who had just been partying in NYC for a week. After that, I had a really mysterious malaise for about two weeks. Just absolutely sapped of energy but otherwise okay. Like, having to summon the energy to stand up and walk across the room. I've never felt like that before. Statistically speaking, was it COVID? Probably not, but you never know...

The biggest issue with this whole thing is that you can get it, have zero symptoms, and then develop complications several months later. I've been seeing these lung scans from people who were totally asymptomatic and it's pretty freaky. Blood clots, heart issues, etc. Not something I want to take my chances with.

Personally, I'd take the vaccine ASAP. There's really no alternative for this country anymore. It continues like this forever, or a large amount of the population receive their vaccine and things start to slowly creep back to normal. Even still, there will be tens or hundreds of millions of people who never get infected or sick, even if this goes on for a decade (or longer). They'll still say it was blown out of proportion and that's just the way it is.

Im with yall. Pretty sure I had it. The ex wife went to get tested after feeling bad for a month and she had the antibodies. During this time, we shared custody of the kids. The kids said they had headaches, but never got tested.

A few months ago, while i didnt feel bad, I was just exhausted all the time and just wanted to sleep.

I saw an article that reported anti depressants help fight covid. Guess who's on celexa.

<----this guy

I assume I've had it. There was a day or two in March that I felt awful, but that was also when I was staying up 24/7 moving my department's operations online.

Also had a week or so of coughing, but that coincided with packing up my apartment. I did the same kind of coughing for a week or two after first moving in there, so I think that may have just been a reaction to stirring up dust. But who knows.

Holy piss, you guys are still alive and active! I came back searching for a cartoon I made of Kill Tully, Hell Mike and Erik battling it out with a chainsaw (maybe back in 2006?), and presumed that RC was dead and buried upon my entry, only to find a vibrant community consisting of the same people! Flabbergasted and full of nostalgic emotions right now not gonna lie

Edit: Urgh, didn't know this was the unofficial covid thread. Fuck Anders Tegnell

Holy piss, you guys are still alive and active! I came back searching for a cartoon I made of Kill Tully, Hell Mike and Erik battling it out with a chainsaw (maybe back in 2006?), and presumed that RC was dead and buried upon my entry, only to find a vibrant community consisting of the same people! Flabbergasted and full of nostalgic emotions right now not gonna lie

Edit: Urgh, didn't know this was the unofficial covid thread. Fuck Anders Tegnell

Holy fuck....It's Henrik! Sup dude?!