how can charlie say what he said?

Thanks, Ivankloff......I knew there was reason I hated Georgia. Now I remember why. Sell off those Anthrax CDs and replace them with some Toby Keith.

jcfool, you are absolutely an idiot if you listen to anything Michael Moore says. The man has made millions exploiting people like you and me. I can't believe you think you can watch a Michael Moore movie and believe you have gained some political knowledge. Did you watch Footloose and suddenly believe you could dance?

Jono said:
goddamn that songs badass! that whole album is. but most of the time this country pisses me off. but to be fair the whole world pisses me off even more. it's not realy this countries fault that humans are assholes inherently. everything we use thats great is brought about by something or someone elses exploitation.
cirlce of life baby
-Jono-
When someone says "how could you say that" they do not mean that they are not allowed to say it. They usually mean it like "Dude, do you have any facts to back up that statement?" "Are you going to go through life repeating what others tell you?" or "I thought you were such a cool guy, I never realized you could be such a sheep."
I don't think he meant Chick Benante was not allowed to say what he said. That is the beauty of America. No matter how uninformed or without-factual basis your statements are. You are allowed to say them. God Bless America.

fah-q said:
When someone says "how could you say that" they do not mean that they are not allowed to say it. They usually mean it like "Dude, do you have any facts to back up that statement?" "Are you going to go through life repeating what others tell you?" or "I thought you were such a cool guy, I never realized you could be such a sheep."
I don't think he meant Chick Benante was not allowed to say what he said. That is the beauty of America. No matter how uninformed or without-factual basis your statements are. You are allowed to say them. God Bless America.
i take your point but.... how is this a response to what you quoted? i still say all you have to do is open your mouth. sometimes you stick your foot in it sometimes you don't. like the guy with his "my pals" comment. lots of people are going to say "how can you say that?!?!?" it's fuckin easy. you open your mouth and make recognizable sounds. or use your fingers to arrange symbols to make words that express how you feel. it's not a big deal. it's just communication. I just hate the phrase "how can you say that?"
-Jono-

DOOSH said:
I'm in Georgia, and I gotta say that this dumbass does represent a faction of the inbreeds down here... but probably everywhere in Bush's Empire...

well, if using facts and hard evidence to form an opinion make you a dumbass, i am a dumbass. i was pointing out the actual reasons for what happened and who is to blame, but when you hate bush everything is his fault. i have lived in georgia for over 20 years and have yet to see 'inbreeds', that is a bullshit assumption about the south, hell most people in the state of georgia(esp. the city of atlanta) are yankees and other people who moved here from other geographic locations. i am done arguing with people who are not smart enough to use facts instead of emotion to make arguments. i guess when facts never support your side(liberals), emotion is all you have left to base an opinion on.

ivankoloff said:
in atlanta on the day after a local tv station fundraiser had 1.8 million dollars by 12 noon. 5 million total. what is he talking about? fema deserves some blame but the mayor of new orleans did jack shit before the storm hit and more people died as a result. i cant believe left-wingers are politicising this, i guess i shouldnt expect anything less from the bush bashers. anyone who thinks the response was slow because they are mostly poor black people are fucking mental midgets. anyone using this tragedy to continue to bash bush are scumbags. politics should not factor in to this. after hearing what charlie said i can only come to the conclusion that he is an idiot. or he is a bleeding heart that cant even let petty politics go in a time of disaster.

The man has a point. There are plenty of OTHER reasons to bash Bush. No need to focus on the hurricane.

Jono said:
i take your point but.... how is this a response to what you quoted? i still say all you have to do is open your mouth. sometimes you stick your foot in it sometimes you don't. like the guy with his "my pals" comment. lots of people are going to say "how can you say that?!?!?" it's fuckin easy. you open your mouth and make recognizable sounds. or use your fingers to arrange symbols to make words that express how you feel. it's not a big deal. it's just communication. I just hate the phrase "how can you say that?"
-Jono-

Good point, makes sense to me. Thanks.

"wait until they have pussy-tree-hugging-left-wing-hippie lyrics"
Never going to happen. I hate hacky-sack. I forget to recycle. I eat meat. As much as I can stomach. Brainsssssss.
Hurricanes aren't political. They don't walk party lines. It wouldn't matter who was in office, we'd be sitting here with the same disaster. Of course I can't help but wonder if this happened (theoretically of course) in a place like Newport Beach (The O.C!..rich white-ville) would the response have been quicker? It's a rhetorical question. I'm not blaming anyone. I don't think you can really prepare for something like this. Or maybe you can and I'm a jackass, but that's besides the point. Yes, they probably could've had the National Guard on stand-by to move in immediately after the storm cleared to cut down on the insane sniping and looting. You'd think that would be a no-brainer. Maybe New Orleans wouldn't have turned into a Romero movie then. Whomever was responsible for that brick should be fired.
And instead of arguing about politics, go to your local donation centers and drop stuff off or lend a hand. It's not about blame, its about compassion for our brothers and sisters that have had their lives destroyed. Leave the politics to the politicians right now. Stop thinking red and blue. Think human. I am not a democrat or republican. I am a human being that is devastated by what has happened.