How can I connect the triggers to Drumkit From Hell?

Vovus

May 7, 2008
Hellow to all :) I have a question - how can I connect the triggers to the Drumkit From Helll?
I have drum set triggered with DDrum triggers, and have audio card M-Audio Delta 1010 with 10 mic/preamp inputs? Will it work if i connect every trigger straight to this inputs, or must I do something else?
Thanks beforehand :)

You can connect the triggers straight to the 1010. But you will need a way for the audio signals of each trigger to turn into MIDI notes that DFH can read. You can use KTDrumTrigger on each track and tell it which notes to trigger from the audio. You can get the notes from the drum map or from the piano roll, whatever you use. Then route the output of each instance of KTDT into a single MIDI track. Set the MIDI track's output to DFH. Now if everything is setup correctly you should hear DFH when you hit your snare, kick and toms.

~006

Thanks for the answers :) but I'm missing a point, what is the KTDrumTrigger or midi box? Is that a software or it is a hardware devices? And where can I find it?

Yeah, KTDT would be wayyy better in this situation, and it's free. KTDT is a software plug-in. You put it on each trigger track and it will convert the audio from the triggers into MIDI notes, which you then send to DFH and it will trigger DFH.

~006