How did you discover Firewind?

ch0pzta

Master Of Puppets
Jan 10, 2008
Australia
Well... how did you find out/first listen to them?

For me, it was a compilation CD called 'Battle Metal V' on the cover of Metal Hammer magazine, it had 'Falling to pieces' on it, i instantly fell in love with that song, so i searched around and found a copy of Allegiance, and it all snowballed from there.

I managed to track down Burning Earth and Forged by Fire over the course of the year.

Its hard for me to find Firewind CD's, im an hour and a half from a decent music shop, and even then they hardly have anything other than the charting/mainstream stuff.

Although i got a friend to get me the 'Between Heaven and Hell' album today, my god, what an incredible CD, its so much more powerful than a lot of other Firewind stuff, im extremely happy with it!

Anyone else got some stories?

Well many moons ago when I was still dating my ex (we split up 2 years ago) his friend, Ander bought a CD from HMV called Between Heaven and Hell by a band named Firewind. He bought it because of the cool cover. He was into bands like Bathory, Manowar and Burzum at this point.

To the point, he hated power metal and gave the CD to Tam (my ex) who listened to it and decided he didn't like it much either, though I loved it. I still remember that very first time hearing the first track 'Between Heaven and Hell'. I was blown away and completely fell in love with it and took the CD as my own! ^_^

It must have been Spring/Summer 2004. Awesome. Nearly 4 years ago O______O

So I'd like to thank Ander for hating Firewind. lol.

xx Kirsty

Well...

One day, back home, I was with my band and we were taking a break during band practice. We were chilling by the pool and I wanted to light a cigarette, so I reached for my lighter and tried to light my cigarette... Unsuccessfully. Why!?? Because there was too much wind! So here's how it went:

*Trying to light the cigarette*
Me: Fucking wind!
*Tries again*
Me: *curses in a bunch of languages* This wind is too strong for the lighter, maybe I should start a fire... Damn wind... Wait... Fire...Wind... Firewind! Amazing band name! I got our band name!
*Runs up to the computer to check if the name isn't taken*
*Curses again in a bunch of languages*
Me: Some band stole our name already! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
*Lights cigarette easily due to being indoors*

Thus is the story.

Yeah, get really drunk and talk with an up-down accent and that sounds like Swedish already lol (seriously)

I saw them when they supported Dragonforce in Manchester, UK in December 2006. I didn't take to them at first, but now I'm hooked!

I got in to Firewind because i wanted to check out what Stian Kristoffersen had done before with other bands than Pagan's Mind. I liked Firewind at once, have now seen them 3 times live and looking forward to the 4th in May.

Milan: once again.. there's nothing that is Jävla knullar :rofl:

Kirsty: Jag vill ha sex med gus = I wanna have sex with gus (I just thought that you wanted to learn that swedish phrase, though it would be better if you knew it on greek) :rofl:

Anyway my story of why I found out FW was:
I read on the Dream Evil site that gus were leaving to focus on his mainband firewind so I just checked it up and found the I am the anger video and heard that song first, I thought the video was gay but what the heck? the music were too good!

I was into dream evil. And discovered Firewind through that. First time I really saw anything of them though was when they were supporting Dragonforce in the UK

hahaha kirsty :rofl: okay then :rofl: but if you want to say it to him you'll say like: "Jag vill ha sex med dig/Kan vi ha sex?" :rofl: it means can we have sex or I wanna do it with you :rofl: