How did you meet?

demntoeternity

New Metal Member
Apr 29, 2005
Yeap, my question is for all the band members...

So how did you meet with eachother?!! How did Kobi, Yossi, Matti, Avi and the others have meet?! Where?! When?!

And how did you get the idea of "Sahara" ?

So you're interested to really know how this was all started?
So,-
Back in the early 90's, Kobi and Uri played at their home town, Bat-Yam, and I played in my home town Petach-Tikva, with Micha, the guitarist that later formed "Substance for God" R.I.P (which some of you might know..).
Uri played bass with distortion :) which was really horrbile.. so they looked for a guitarist, and published an add in a famous metal record shop. I called the add. I came to a quick "audition" and was accepted :) this was early 1991, with a band called 'Resurrection', and a drummer called Dani.
Some time after that we decided to replace the drummer and add another guitarist.
Kobi knew Sami from his home town surroundings, which was a metal veteran (Sami was a vocalist in some metal bands back then). I went to school to look for kids with black t-shirts, and the first guy I saw was .. Matti :) so I asked him if he knows someone who plays guitar, and he said he did, we met, and the rest is history.

Only a decade after that (after 3 albums, various shows, many other events etc) we did the famous come back, which resulted in replacing Sami with Avi on drums, and Itzik with Eden on Keyboards. this is the lineup that we've recorded Mabool with, and remains our current line up these days as well.

Hope this helps.

As for the 2nd Question - what do you mean by 'how we came up with Sahara'? do you mean the name? the album? the style? ;-)

Yossi_Orphaned_Land said:
I went to school to look for kids with black t-shirts, and the first guy I saw was .. Matti :) so I asked him if he knows someone who plays guitar, and he said he did, we met, and the rest is history.
what an interesting story
you looked for kids with black t-shirts? you really found matti that way? :lol:

Yes, this is true.
A day after my call with Kobi on the phone, I went around at high-school looking for folks with long hair and black/metal t-shirts, knowing they would be interested.
I knew they were few metalists at my school, but I didn't know them all, so when I saw Matti, I thought to ask him about it... :)

Yossi_Orphaned_Land said:
As for the 2nd Question - what do you mean by 'how we came up with Sahara'? do you mean the name? the album? the style? ;-)

I mean the name "Sahara" ? Why did you choose that name?! That's because my favourite album is Sahara!!! :)