How do calibrate subwoofer?

arv_foh

Brian K
Oct 3, 2006
Columbus, OH
So I got the Behringer 2092A to go with my Rockit 5s to make up for their lack in low end. I feel like how they are set up right now the sub is really over hyping the low end, what suggestions do you guys have for properly calibrating this bad boy for an even mix between the 2 sets of speakers?

I do have a DBX RTA-M that I can use for calibration. Thanks in advance!

I just used sine waves from 20hz-100Hz for my DIY subwoofer to adjust the crossover and volume with my main speakers.

There's also a whole procedure for finding a sweet spot for the sub placement:

"If you use only one subwoofer, the placement will take some experimenting to get the most out of it. There is a classical method based on a principle saying that the acoustical transmission between two points in a room is equal in both directions. This method consists of placing the subwoofer on the sofa in the best listening position (with the woofer where the head is normally placed. Then you play some good (well mixed, with bass content) recording, and finally you crawl around on the floor to find the place where it sounds the best, because that's where the subwoofer should stand!" Subwoofer placement

Do you have a room measurement mic? That's probably going to be the best way to go about this. Use Room EQ Wizard to run some sine waves and get everything proper.