Not-so-good-and-old "How do you feel" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

YaYo

whendaydescends.com
May 6, 2001
I feel like buying some expensive studio reference monitors (Speakers to do recording on.. for those not in the know).. but i can't decide on what my price range is.

Sometimes i think Behringer Truth's will do the job, but i know they aren't perfect and in the long run i'll probably end up replacing them.. so i probably should spend the extra money now and it's done. Hmm...

@ben: now let's not overdo it, mr. moderator has a(nother) job, you know. :D
@santtu: yes, big eminem fan. that's me. and thanks for keeping on stating that i rule. i might even convince myself.

love the new thread. uh, and as for my NF: i feel late. i woke up late, came to work late, i'm going to be late on my schedule, and i don't really care because it's only workday 2 out of 15. i need to get a grip, say, tomorrow. i'm reading silly books, watching movies about drugs that i don't care about anymore, and seeing silly people who all seem to be gay. but tonight i might be seeing tim (here's for heterosexuality). good start. :)

NF: not too bad :) (finally, but i better not think much about it or i'll fall soon).
Last night we went to the cinema... and it was FULL, :eek: it was monday night, at the beginning of september, no movie premieres and cinestar is a huge cinema with 10 screens, why in the world it was full i don't know. Anyway, i started getting extremely nervous but we went away soon since there was no seats available (lucky me), we went to drink something and i had fun, these persons (they're not the ones i always go out with) are nice. I was a little drunk though, i hope it wasn't very noticeable.

NF: ...

*talks to self*

I was thinking of this earlier, and it's still on my mind.. it's amazing how many things in my life just end suddenly without explanation. Admittedly most of them are internet related but still.. if things are good, and then it's not.. doesnt the other person deserve to be told? drummers, vocalists, friends, girls, labels, etc.. All come with great enthusiasm, everything seems great and then suddenly im sitting here a couple of months later wondering why they instantly stopped bothering, in most cases not even responding anymore. It seems all the things in the past 2 years that made me happiest at the times become doubtful in my mind that they were ever really there..

It also seems at the moment the only identity i have for myself is as a musician, and even that's a rather thin cover only just holding up a nice illusion.. But it's an illusion that will lead to a way out of this current slump, so i guess it's not so bad to crawl away to for the moment. It keeps me sane too, making websites, making music, buying toys.. and at least a handful of people here and there seem to care, which is odd, but good..

*stops rambling to self*

@yayo: there is an identity of the self that can be defined as the part of you investigating your belonging to the world of musicians, and wondering why most other things and people have failed you. even when the events turn out very wrong, you'll probably have to admit that your quest-identity is peculiar to yourself, different from that of those who have left you all alone in the desert. to be honest, the majority of those who leave you all alone in the desert do not possess any identity to speak of, even if they do recognise themselves in images of stability of many kinds.

NF: Still a little lost in Gothenburg. The morons at Dell have forgot where they have put my money so they haven't sent me my computer yet. That means that I neither have tv nor radio nor newspaper in my tiny appartment, except for the more apparent lack of a computer. Right now I'm sitting at a computer on the uni with a couple of my new classmates.

And we have got a literature list for this five week course that contains books with a total of 1 400 pages. Luckily only 300 of them are in English.

NF: Apparently being dizzy, light-headed, and/or hallucinating for nearly all last night (including falling out of bed and cracking my head on my amp because I could've sworn my bed was tipping up) wasn't enough, because it's back.

I havent felt this much pain and sorrow in a long long time. My sister took her two children and went to Nebraska. Now, to fill you in, my sister doesnt have a job, didnt graduate high school, and is a loser who talks to weird mother fuckers on the internet until 5 in the morning and doesnt wake up with her kids.

So her 'dream' is to move to Nebraska, live with this guy that she met on the internet who is this 'wonderful person', and live on welfare with this guy. I wouldnt care what she did as long as those two little angels werent with her.

So lets bring it all together now; she is fucking up this children's lives b/c she isnt happy with what she did in life, she is taking her children away from the only home they have ever known instead of making it a home and doing her part around here, and we are taking legal action to ensure the children live here and with their father.

Ive been crying all morning just thinking of the fucked up shit that might happen to them, so I basically vowed to myself that if Chris (my sister) or anyone else does anything to fuck up those two innocent perfect little girl's lives, I'll fucking kill them.

Nick

Nick: I'm so sorry :( I really hope everything will turn out well in the end. I've witnessed up close a screwed up supposedly "grown" woman really make her son's and her son's fathers life very difficult just because she isn't happy with the way things are going, so I kinda know the feeling... Hopefully, it won't be long until the children are back in their home again.

If the guy was such a 'wonderful person' he wouldn't have them living in welfare.. that's insane man.. I guess she can do what she wants but do try to get legal custody away from her, especially since it seems she's definitely not a suitable parent for them. Best of luck; and I really hope the little girls will be fine.

Child of Time said:
And we have got a literature list for this five week course that contains books with a total of 1 400 pages
In 5 weeks? Well.. better get your chair and your glasses ready..

If family law is anything like it is in England Nick, the courts would quite likely decide she's not stable enough to be in custody of young children. They definitely won't take moving to Nebraska to live on welfare as a good sign, so I should think that the courts will look favourably upon their father. I take it he has a decent job and already sees them regularly?
If you need to talk about it dude, feel free to contact me whenever I'm around, I'll try to help in any way I can.

In other news, I'm tired but ok, about to leave (at 7am) to get to a seminar at 8. Student life is HARD! :D

@nick: very, very sorry to hear that. do the little girls have a good relationship with their father? (you don't have to answer this publicly, it's only that i feel this is an important factor in deciding who they live with. i hope that the father is a decent person, has a job etc.). i hope i get msn back soon, so i can talk to you.

I'm home alone with not very much to do, so I felt like ranting. Here goes:

Yesterday there was some debate on tv about how lazy Swedes have become; they rather live on wellfare than work, apparently. And some woman from my old hometown was on there, she runs her own business, "an expanding company" she called it and she said she could definitely see the trend. When she needed to employ new staff, she hardly got any applications at all, she said. Oh really? Now I can't remember what business she was in, but I suspect it's something to do with telemarketing - I can't think of any other business that would get so few applicants. From what I remember, the jobs I applied for in Skelleftea all had about 200-500 applicants per place.
And needless to say, I was among the unlucky.
Ok, I can well believe that there are some who'd rather live on welfare. But I bloody don't! I want a job desperately, I want something to fill my days, I want to feel that I've actually earned my money, rather than just being given them. But these days even cleaners need a Ph.D in The Art Of Cleaning Public Lavatories, or Chemical Engineering - either one will work - and 25 years of experience before they're hired. How the hell am I supposed to compete with that, being fresh out of school? And how the hell am I supposed to get any experience if no one will give me a chance? In 20 years, all the experienced people will be retired, and all that will be left are people who never got to learn because they were never employed.
I just want a bloody job!

There, I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.