Not-so-good-and-old "How do you feel" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Nick: ouch :( i'm not an expert about law, but i guess that her idea of moving there just out of the blue is a lot against her keeping the children, and if the father has a job and, as hyena said, is a good person it would be probably better for the children to stay with him. i hope everything turns out well, children deserve to grow up in a calm and familiar place, not carried somewhere to follow their mother's "dream".

@nl: sorry if i'm so blunt, but why don't you go into higher education? you're a writer, you sound smart... why waste it all on a post-high school job? okay, a certain british lawyer is going to make the big money for your household and all that, you'll have a three-storey country estate, five cars, horses and land... but still :lol:

She just wants a job for the summer Claudy, she has political aspirations. ;)
We should all start a business...lawyers, bankers, politicians, I know some computer people...it could work :D

Or a festival of pubs! Every weekend we'll open a new pub in a new city, treat the people, then move on in one huge ongoing pub feast of a festival! :D

@hyena: Thanks, I do intend to continue with university, with politics and history (I wonder if I'm mad?), only I have to apply now and start next autumn... so until then I need something to do, and some money, which is always nice :D Because a certain lawyer still hasn't gotten around to purchasing that country-estate I both need and desire :p

@nl: gotta love your attitude. needing a country estate sure sounds wonderful. i must try to say that with a straight face myself. :D ah, and congratulations on history and politics, it's actually a very nice couple of subjects. so you basically took a year off? i wish i'd done that between undergrad and postgrad, sometimes it's a very wise thing to do. btw, now you got me curious about your political career: what team are you going to bat for? and no, i'm not trying to ask you if you're gay. :p

@ben: summer job my bu, since summer is over. you keep your head down and work so she'll be able to have the needed country estate asap. as for starting a business, i'm with you on that. i was thinking something along the lines of buying a steel plant though, you know... high-profit kind of business. oil wouldn't be half-bad either. and the pubs can be our friendly corporate facade. can you imagine? we run evil establishments such as steel factories and refineries, and then we have pubs and clubs gathering to every subculture. imagine the hippies sitting in their green-walled coffee shop in the netherlands, peacefully smoking their joints, then having fits when they find out we're actually drilling alaska with their money. :hah: i so want to be the banker for this venture. count on me.

@hyena: Well, who doesn't need a country estate? Somewhere calm and peaceful to retire, somewhere the whippets might run freely and where you can park your Lamborghini in the shade of some mighty oaks? :D Yeah, it's pretty much a year off - I thought it'd be good for getting some work experience and earning some money and so on... Although I'm not so sure I'll actually have a political career when I'm done with my education - since my intention is to bat for no team at all, but rather assault them all with a baseball bat and give them an equal beating :p I have yet to find a political stance I wholly agree with

Ben: What? I ask for so little... ;)

@nl: well, we also have the name for our business now. mighty oaks sounds perfect. we can even go into real estate development, we can. interested in becoming a lobbyist? it's not as fun as smashing people with baseball bats admittedly, but the concept is more or less the same.

@mr. provider: come on, she's believing in you... be all hyped up, now, and think of mighty oaks.

this thread is far more cheerful than the previous one....

Hyena: It's cheerful because I'm in it! :Smokedev:

NL: Fine, fine, we can have a country estate. Provided I get a forboding study with a giant desk, a giant leather chair, and a fireplace that launches flames whenever I speak.

If you two want, I can use my local connections to get you the Major Oak, where Brave Brave Not-Exactly-Sir Robin Hood lived for a while. It's really quite mighty, and I'll only ask for 20% of all profit you make with this venture (open to negotiation).

@rus: halt right there, i am the banker for Mighty Oaks so all investment decisions must pass on my desk before anything happens. and this includes the home the dynamic duo will be living in, because it will need to host some mind-blowing corporate parties. uh, and 20% is ridiculous, you can have 0.2% if you get us a good discount.

hyena: Ah yes, Mighty Oaks! I wouldn't mind becoming a lobbyist for such a grand business, I'm sure the profits would make it all worthwhile :D After real estate development, how about starting a sub-branch all to do with gardening? Gardening for the stupidly rich, I might add. We come in, plant a daffodil and charge them at least 500 000 euro for it.

Ben: Fine, but I want an equally forboding study. And a grand balcony. And a pet dragon twice the size of our castle... ahem, country estate.

And lets keep the cheerfulness going in this one

hyena said:
@rus: halt right there, i am the banker for Mighty Oaks so all investment decisions must pass on my desk before anything happens. and this includes the home the dynamic duo will be living in, because it will need to host some mind-blowing corporate parties. uh, and 20% is ridiculous, you can have 0.2% if you get us a good discount.
But the Major Oak is THE oak tree. Think of the great genes you'll be getting along with it if you breed it with some of those hot Swedish female oaks. And when those saplings get bigger, think of all the bandits that will come from all over the world to hide out in them. Future generations of the Mighty Oaks foundation can then make a little extra on the side by turfing said bandits to the relevant authorities on the quiet. All in all, I think my 20% ask is really quite generous, but I can see you're a hard case. How does 10% sound?

@rus: the idea of making a profit from selling fugitives to law enforcement is really nifty. if you have a network of contacts able to send FBI-most-wanted types right into the treacherous embrace of our oaks, i might think along the lines of 1%. but we've got to be sure you're not lying. get us, say, osama and then we'll draft a contract.

@nl: ok for the gardening branch, but 'mafraid the daffodils will have to be free - we want to give our clients a sense of warm, fuzzy caring... so it's about 150.000 yearly for taking care of a medium-sized estate garden, and free daffodils. remember that for your lobbying activities, always give the impression that you're being exceedingly generous.

as for the dragon - don't you think it's going to be a bit of a hassle in forementioned corporate parties? don't get me wrong, i really really love dragons, but maybe we don't want to roast our clients?

hyena said:
@rus: the idea of making a profit from selling fugitives to law enforcement is really nifty. if you have a network of contacts able to send FBI-most-wanted types right into the treacherous embrace of our oaks, i might think along the lines of 1%. but we've got to be sure you're not lying. get us, say, osama and then we'll draft a contract.
Ah, but that's a whole new kettle of fish. See, your Middle Eastern fugitive is more down to earth - and I'm being almost literal here. If you want to capture Osama, your best bet is to go for a nice little suite of caves. Now, Nottingham has an abundance of caves too, so it's not a problem, I can do you a combo-deal. Robin Hood certainly spent some time in these caves, so if they're good enough for him they'll certainly be good enough for Osama as well, plus any other of these poncy new-fangled terrorists (I'm more of an old-fashioned bandit man myself, but you have to move with the times). If we call it 8%, I'll throw in the caves for free. How does that sound?

oh, I like to see the place where Robin Hood lived! He´s my childhood-hero! :D

Don´t need to own it though, cuz I don´t think I´ll be living in England for a longer time of my life. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.