Do you feel it is alright to curse?

They are just words. I can hurt your feelings and offend you just as easily using non-curse words.

Words should never matter more than the context in which they are used. And that should go for any words.

They are just words. I can hurt your feelings and offend you just as easily using non-curse words.

Words should never matter more than the context in which they are used. And that should go for any words.

I'd direct you back to my previous post. I used to feel the same way as you, but then I came to realize the world doesn't revolve around me. Just because they aren't offensive (inherently) to me, doesn't mean other people feel the same way.

And again - it isn't just that the Bible tells us what NOT to do, it tells us what to do as well. 1 Corinthians 10:31 says "So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." The question then, is 'Does swearing glorify God?'

That post was very good, Fleshandblood. Very good, indeed. That's why I don't curse around 90% of the people I know. Some are offended by it. Some aren't.

You got it FleshAndBloodTheocracy. That's what I was trying to say.

Just because the Bible doesn't say "you shall not use the word ---" doesn't mean you can say it. I actually did 1 Corinthians 10:31 for a memory verse a month ago and am very familiar. As you said too, does cursing bring glory to God? This is just one of the many verses we can find in the Bible.

For me, I don't feel it's alright. It just feels like a bad vibe and energy comes along with saying them.

I too slip here and there (not very much, but it happens) cause I used to cuss a lot and it's kinda weaved it's way into my vocab as i'm sure with most of us. But it's going away, I notice catch myself using my replacement words without thought hahah, progress!

I think it depends who you are talking with, you know? And what the subject is, as well as the motive! As far as cursing goes I will often use shi*t. That's really the only one unless you count saying "biiiaaattchhh" or "beeeech" in a Russian accent (it's a long story). These jokes are only with certain people though. How do you guys feel about this?

Only a couple people have hard me curse and only a few of those have heard me curse angrily :eek:... lol

I think it depends who you are talking with, you know? And what the subject is, as well as the motive! As far as cursing goes I will often use shi*t. That's really the only one unless you count saying "biiiaaattchhh" or "beeeech" in a Russian accent (it's a long story). These jokes are only with certain people though. How do you guys feel about this?

How does saying "shit" are "bitch(in a Russian accent)" glorify God?

How does saying "shit" are "bitch(in a Russian accent)" glorify God?

How does it not? :guh:
Especially with close friends. :heh:

If you wanna go down this aisle, please tell me, how does listening to a secular band GLORIFY God? I mean... seriously? :erk: Not to be mean. I just don't see where you are going with this.

Does every joke I say have to be theological? :eek:... To glorify God?

It would be hypocrisy (which I'm most definitely not accusing you of... so don't worry!) to point fingers at a guy who says a joke like this saying, "That doesn't glory God... like my redneck joke... which has nothing to do with God!"

You get what I'm saying?

Or is the only comedian appropriate for Christians to listen to Tim Hawkins? Hahaha!

These words are culturally "bad" but alone, they are not so bad. Especially when they are not forced in the faces of those who don't really like them. Me and some of my friends don't mind it... so what is wrong with it?

Not to start a war... just to push culture aside!!!