Do you feel it is alright to curse?

speechless.gif

FYI, brilliant! :D And great timing, too. I just started watching Firefly a few weeks ago, so I actually recognize the actor! (not sure which of his many shows this clip is from)

FYI, brilliant! :D And great timing, too. I just started watching Firefly a few weeks ago, so I actually recognize the actor! (not sure which of his many shows this clip is from)

Agreed, the picture made me lol, as I really like the actor and LOVE Firefly. *resists the temptation to rant about how WACKO they had to be to cancel it*

I myself see it as sin, but even if I did not if swearing/cursing caused my brother/neighbor/co-worker to stumble and not see the full glory of Jesus Christ, then may swearing/cursing never be heard from my mouth.

You are my inspiration to stay off this forum. lol..

Oh come on now, was that really necessary? :lol:
It's all in good fun actually.
I'm just trying to keep it well balanced due to the amount of hate dubstep's been getting everywhere else. I actually gave Skrillex and some others a try, and much like metalcore it seems to me that dubstep utilizes way too many breakdowns which can drive off some potential fans. Just my two cents.

LOL! :p

Oh the old days, when I'd troll and spam and troll some more... then stalk. ;).

Hahaha!

Absolutely, but since the Bible doesn't simply say, "Don't use the words X, Y, and Z," I do think the question is open to discussion. (Although like I said earlier, I do think it is wrong in nearly every context.)

Look at it this way... If I say, "you are a loser" I'm being more hateful than casually saying, "this is some good sh*t!"

THERE IS NO ARGUMENT THERE!

So why do these "taboo word" bother us more? I mean all "shit" means is poop. That's not all that bad man... ;)

Just my... 2 cents...

Look at it this way... If I say, "you are a loser" I'm being more hateful than casually saying, "this is some good sh*t!"

THERE IS NO ARGUMENT THERE!

So why do these "taboo word" bother us more? I mean all "shit" means is poop. That's not all that bad man... ;)

Just my... 2 cents...

Actually, the ONLY word we're explicitly told not to say is "Raca," a term of abuse similar to how we would use "dumbass." However, implicitly, and in context, it's really wrong to say ANYTHING in anger.

FURHTERMORE - 1 Corinthians 8:9 - "Take care that this right of yours [to do anything that is not sinful to you, or damaging to your relationship with God] does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak"

AND - 1 Corinthians 10:23 - "All things are lawful, but not all things are helpful. All things are lawful, but not all things build up."

So, I think Paul would say that swearing* would be something to avoid, for you don't know who will be offended by it, or who it could cause to stumble.

*Swearing, as opposed to cursing. Only God can curse someone/thing. Similar to praise/bless. Only God can bless, anyone can offer praise.

Absolutely, but since the Bible doesn't simply say, "Don't use the words X, Y, and Z," I do think the question is open to discussion. (Although like I said earlier, I do think it is wrong in nearly every context.)

That is true, that is true. I really think that these words are only bad is because the way this society has come to. When most people think of a curse word, we are taught that these words are bad so we call them curse words. Idk I never do curse but as I said many of my friends do.

I don't think that a Christian should curse or swear. Put it this way - if someone started swearing or cursing in this forum or a general Christian forum they would be banned. It doesn't matter what we think where the Bibke is pretty clear on this subject. I think it is bad taste and ruins a Christian celebrity testimony when they swear in an interview. I won't name anyone but I have read interviews that this has happened and I wasn't impressed.

Also what is said is evidence of what is in a person's heart and their attitude. A christian's heart should reflect God's heart. God will judge every idle word that was said.

Actually, the ONLY word we're explicitly told not to say is "Raca," a term of abuse similar to how we would use "dumbass." However, implicitly, and in context, it's really wrong to say ANYTHING in anger.

FURHTERMORE - 1 Corinthians 8:9 - "Take care that this right of yours [to do anything that is not sinful to you, or damaging to your relationship with God] does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak"

AND - 1 Corinthians 10:23 - "All things are lawful, but not all things are helpful. All things are lawful, but not all things build up."

So, I think Paul would say that swearing* would be something to avoid, for you don't know who will be offended by it, or who it could cause to stumble.

*Swearing, as opposed to cursing. Only God can curse someone/thing. Similar to praise/bless. Only God can bless, anyone can offer praise.

Agreed 100% :Smokedev:

1 Peter 2:1: "Wherefore laying aside all malice and all guile and hypocrisies and cries and all evil speakings.

I admit I do slip and curse from time to time, but its not something I am proud of