Ever feel like this/how do you force yourself...

Misanthrope said:
i live in the land of crap pcs and trojan infested lowend noname pcs, so ive seen alot. Im close to a solution and got my system working ( although there is significant shrinkage, im down from 120gb to 10gb now :cry: )
I know too well what is it like,have some strenght

My entire money problems and half the anxiety attacks and nerve bubbles on my back would disappear if i could just find a buyer for my Nokia 3650 ( unlocked, works worldwide with any carrier )

@Mis: the update is: try to go to a doctor if you can find a way to.
don't take medication unless a doctor that sees you tells you you should.
or that's what i gathered. :p

s4r said:
I wouldn't presume to have solutions, nor would I presume a person would find no value in a debate related to their aliment.
I wouldn't presume to have solutions either, but someone might have. People do seem to have plenty of suggestions, whether they know jack shit or not, and some of them might be useful.
A person could find a value in a debate related to their ailment, but perhaps they could also get confused. Especially if said debate keeps focusing on this or that unrelated disease or a mixed bunch of them.

rahvin said:
on the other hand, a pill is a solution, one that requires no more than a refill after a given amount of days to keep working - at least for a while, it's not as if i'm saying these things work perfectly - and therefore a possible detriment to a doctor's income.
i spy misinformation in the background! :Spin:

you know, there is a factor involved in the game, that goes by the name pharmaceutical companies.
now they spend a lot of money to develop drugs, and there's competition between them.
now also consider a bunch of people that go by the name doctors, who spend a big part of their lives studying and don't get to make any decent money before they're -more or less- 30, and who might not always have the noblest of characters, and you've got the equation.

Siren said:
i spy misinformation in the background! :Spin:
i'd suggest you get glasses, you'd suggest you'd get inner strength.

you know, there is a factor involved in the game, that goes by the name pharmaceutical companies.
now they spend a lot of money to develop drugs, and there's competition between them.
now also consider a bunch of people that go by the name doctors, who spend a big part of their lives studying and don't get to make any decent money before they're -more or less- 30, and who might not always have the noblest of characters, and you've got the equation.
i don't think i have, sorry. doctors are often paid by companies who develop drugs - sometimes even in the light of day, but you're probably not accustomed to the way things work outside of your country - to promote them, and i can certainly understand that they might want to push them. still, having their patients all take drugs still leaves them out of business, unless they're shitty, underpaid state-administered doctors in a rundown smalltown hospital, getting their salaries from the administration. i would never try and make anyone go take these people's word as a professional counsel, but those are neither the category of doctors we were talking about, nor the most common drug-prescribers in the western world. some backwater countries with a poorly-developed private industry of therapists, such as yours or mine, might feature these characters as a possible choice, but this is not the center of the universe, nor the place where a guy who goes by the name of misanthrope dwells.

@Lina: :lol: sorry, i've seen only you using that wording a couple of times, and i guess it stuck in my brain, no bad meant. :p

@D_J: i agree. pie now?

@Misanthrope: I can entirely relate. Maybe just try focusing outward instead of getting stuck in your own head. Think of others and then think of yourself from an outside perspective. There always exists a perspective where your own situation will basically seem laughable. It's just a matter of finding that perspective.

Siren said:
A person could find a value in a debate related to their ailment, but perhaps they could also get confused. Especially if said debate keeps focusing on this or that unrelated disease or a mixed bunch of them.
And when I drive to work tomorrow I could arrive safely or be killed in an accident. You're too safe, unless something is brazenly vindictive, don't waste time worrying about other's perceptions.

Well i went out today but i cheated, instead of taking the bus i had my parents to give me a ride to my GFs and call them to pick me up. Me and Maria went to the store to buy some snacks and stayed outside for a while. I felt a little self concious about some random people and on the store however...if it wasnt for the fact that she was there it would have been much worst.

@Mis: well it's a first step, from there you can improve each time. keep it up! :)