How do direct monitoring in RME Totalmix?

May 12, 2005
Sweden
www.egonaut.se
Hey guize!
Just bought an Alesis AI3 converter to use with my outboard pre's instead of connecting them through our Ramsa desk; so now we have the following connection; Ramsa digital desk into input 1-16 on our RME 9652 card and the Alesis into input 17-24. Input-wise all works well, goes straight into Reaper like a charm!

One question still remains though after having read the manual a couple of times is how the hell do I get totalmix to send input 17-24 straight to lets say output 3 and 4 on the 9652 for direct monitoring?

Reaper sends to output 1 and 2 and I'd like to have the alesis inputs going from 3-8 for direct monitoring purposes.

Anybody got this going that could help me out?

RMW totalmix has many routing options, I'm not sure though if you can assign the input to two different outputs (one for the recording and one for monitoring)...could be possible but it's been too long since I worked with the totalmix.
can't you use pre fader sends in reaper for cue mixes?

Yeah it should be easy.

Open your total mix window and look at the input list at the top. Right below the faders, below where it says 'In 17' and 'In 24' it will show the output that's currently corresponding to that fader level. Simply click that output and a little pop up box will appear. Select 'A3+4' or whatever your interface calls it. Now ctrl click the fader (bringing it to unity). Do this for every single track from 'In 17' to 'In 24'.

TotalMix is the feckin shiznit. RME own. Enjoy.

Yeah it should be easy.

Open your total mix window and look at the input list at the top. Right below the faders, below where it says 'In 17' and 'In 24' it will show the output that's currently corresponding to that fader level. Simply click that output and a little pop up box will appear. Select 'A3+4' or whatever your interface calls it. Now ctrl click the fader (bringing it to unity). Do this for every single track from 'In 17' to 'In 24'.

TotalMix is the feckin shiznit. RME own. Enjoy.

Thanks man! Will try!!! :worship: