How do i do false chord growls?

EetusTheDyingFetus

New Metal Member
Jul 8, 2019
i think i found my false chord and diaphragm but when I try to do false cord growls it sounds like shit and it hurts like hell

what the fuck is a false chord growl?

a death growl is literally just a natural progression from thrash metal/hardcore punk vocals...theres no special technique, at least for me...its all by feel

Not really, it was created a month ago.

False chord growls are those lame throaty/shouty vocals used by bands like Whitechapel and Parkway Drive.

still felt a little necro but whatever but ppl are retarded when it comes to metal vocals and all of the labels they use to describe them

im not a big fan of Whitechapel...they have like 2 songs that are alright but i guess their vocals are pretty weak...

Shit sucks balls. "False chords" just refer to the manipulation of the muscles above your vocal chords, don't be mad because you didn't know what he was talking about lol.

Yeah all these different names and techniques for growling seem a little odd to me as well, and they lead to people sounding exactly the same more than anything. A lot of the slam and deathcore vocalists are too obsessed with copying someone else's style or just getting the lowest they can regardless of how it sounds. More often than not they just sound constipated. :lol: There are a few very good vocalists as well but the style tends to be really cut and paste.

I personally just experimented until I found a technique and sound that works for me and practiced like crazy. I have no idea what the kids would call my technique these days, but it sounds good and that's good enough for me.

Last edited: