benjifinnegan

BenjiFinnegan
Jun 8, 2016
Gloucestershire, UK
www.facebook.com
Okay, I've been screaming for 2 years, my technique has always been wobbly and I've been trying to find the best way to scream without straining.

I've always had an achey voice or few times a hoarse voice but it goes within 1-3 days, I've never gone over the top or lost my voice which confuses me.

I watch videos and I've done warm ups and still can't get a proper idea of whether I'm doing it right.

So here's some questions

So recently I've been trying to learn fry screams

I've watched videos that have said to do the "grudge noise" and add more pressure to it. So i do the noise but when i add pressure to it from the diaphragm, it doesn't seem to work and I either cough or it just sounds bad and strenuous. It's the one scream that I just can't figure out, is there any legitimate videos or pointers that people can recommend that work:?

False chord

See this my main scream that I'm certain I'm doing wrong, I don't know whether its due to too much throat, not proper warm ups or just doing it wrong in general. I've seen people say "just sigh like you're annoyed and that grit with the voice is what you need to use" but it seems strenuous as well. I'm just not sure at all, can anyone also give pointers or legitimate videos from people who know what they're doing.

Shouts

I can shouted vocals which sound like they'd be used in bands like More Than Life or any kind of Hardcore bands, but are they strenuous? Do you need proper warms up to prevent strain or will they strain any way.

I'm just trying to find that distorted/catch noise that makes the scream what it is but I feel as if what I'm doing is wrong regardless of whether it sounds good, what warm ups should I do? I do singing and singing exercises like these two