How do I rip watershed DVD's bonus tracks in flac, to listen on ipod?

SerenityNow!

*burp*
Feb 28, 2008
On Top
OK, sorry for the new thread, or if it's shit or whatever...

I'm having problems converting the bonus tracks from DVD to CD. I just tried doing it and saving it to my music folder and all I got was the documentary. I used DVD Audio Extractor, and when it said to coose which titles to convert, I just chose all the title which were shown, thinking I'd delete the unwanted stuff later. The titles were listed as Title 1 (Chapter), and they were all Title 1. The chapters went 1 to 5. i'm assuming Title 1 is the documentary, so I guess the real question is: How do I get the other "Titles" on there?

Has anyone done this yet, and if so, please help. Plus what are the actual "Title" numbers of the 3 bonus tracks.

Thanks!:)

Make sure on the 3rd step (I believe) when you're ripping something with the program, you put a checkmark in "Save each chapter into separate file" - I think that may be what you're stumbling on.

Edit: Also, I don't know which title numbers pertain to the bonus tracks, but if you know for sure which title(s) refer to the documentary audio (you'll probably see the duration of the title being over 40 minutes. That's a dead giveaway), you may as well deselect them so you the program doesn't waste the time ripping that part of the DVD.

There should be three titles listed in the left column of the program window, just check which title contains 3 chapters and select them.

Great!! Thanks, guys.

While I'm at it, would you happen to know how to convert Mellotron Heart so it's burnable? The download I got from The End won't allow it. Is there a special way to do this?

Thanks (again):)

The title says it all - i want to listen to them on my ipod.
I do have a CD player, but obviously it doesn't play DVDs.

EDIT: Oops. Sorry. I got those two programs mixed up. I've been using both lately to rip the Watershed DVD myself.

You will also have to convert the tracks from 5.1 to stereo, unless you want to lose 3 channels of sound.

The bonus tracks are already in 2.0

You can if your iPod is compatible with Rockbox firmware.

Yup. Rockbox rules. :) I ripped my copy of watershed to flac and put it on my ipod and am able to play it with Rockbox. Sounds much better than the mp3 rip I first tried. Gonna compare it to a high quality ogg vorbis rip later when I have the time, since flac takes up so much space.

Yup. Rockbox rules. :) I ripped my copy of watershed to flac and put it on my ipod and am able to play it with Rockbox. Sounds much better than the mp3 rip I first tried. Gonna compare it to a high quality ogg vorbis rip later when I have the time, since flac takes up so much space.

I can only suggest you to rip it to mp3 using Lame encoder at high quality settings.
I don't see the point in listening to FLAC audio on an iPod, since the sound quality of an iPod isn't exactly the same as a Bang&Olufsen system.
Actually I don't think the difference would be noticeable.