How do the SWEDES do it?

Jan 9, 2004
south of heaven
AMON AMARTH is just one of many awesome METAL acts from SWEDEN. Throw in ARCH ENEMY, DARK FUNERAL, IN FLAMES, ARISE, DARK TRANQUILITY, MARDUK,KATATONIA, DIMENSION ZERO, DISSECTION etc and it is an astounding level of high quality!!! Just what is it about this country that breeds such METAL talent? :headbang:

Aye, Poland especially. As for Sweden, it's hyped up and they all pretty much sound alike these days. For GOOD Swedish acts check out Visceral Bleeding, Thronaeon, Spawn of Possession, Immersed in Blood, Insision...

As one that has left the old counrty, I can tell you first hand that as compared to here, there is a bigger fan base. It's more accepted to listen to metal, even as an adult. Here, people think metal is something you grow out of, "only kids do it" kind of. You get more exposed to it as a kid (we never listened to rap on the boom boxes at school etc., it was always metal). For what it's worth...

One question:
Aren't we intelligent enough to let the shit rest and just see the historical side without the whole emotions stuff, such as "I hate USSR"?
I mean the USSR is dead, Nazi Germany too.....

AxeOfDarkness said:
And with various people! Maybe even at the same time =D

That would be too much to handle. Best left for the mind.

Eisbär said:
let the shit rest and just see the historical side without the whole emotions stuff, such as "I hate USSR

Difficult not to be emotional when you're on the receiving end and the stuff keeps on repeating.

Yeah man, I remember from the agricultural side of things how Germans still keep on treating Poland like shit, plus I know from personal experiences that Russians still treat Poles BAD.

Now, Ukranians are chill. And most of East Europe rocks. I liek going to Poland and Estonia, planning a Hungary trip too or Prague again.

I think there are many good bands in Sweden. I used to be a fan of "Europe" long ago. I haven't heard from them since ages. "The final countdown " was a great song.

yeah, even Roxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxette!!! Even Spice Girls! Ah, ok they are not from Sweden but is always shitty music ehehehhehehhehh!