The best metal-nation?

For the amount of bands I would have to say Sweden. But for quality it would be a combination of Finland, Sweden, Norway. All across the board there are excellent bands and it really is hard to choose just one.

Sweden über alles.

Norway

Mayhem
Immortal
Enslaved
Darkthrone
Burzum
Satyricon
Dimmu Borgir
Einherjer
Emperor
Enslavement of Beauty
Gorgoroth
Grand Alchemist

Germany, Finland and poland got long list of bands too

Like Trashhead says Germany does a Shit for MEtal ^^. I mean the TV and Radio . Festivals are Great here (Wacken , Summer Breeze , Party San , Band Your Head ).

But i think Sweden and Finnland have the nicest bands ;)
And of Course ´Germany , Norway , US have nice bands toooo

For me it's difficult to make a choice between Sweden and USA, there's a lot of great death metal bands in both countries.
Unfortunately Russian bands do not satisfy the level. Has any of you guys heard of any Russian bands? Just interested :)

Renie Gamgee said:
For me it's difficult to make a choice between Sweden and USA, there's a lot of great death metal bands in both countries.
Unfortunately Russian bands do not satisfy the level. Has any of you guys heard of any Russian bands? Just interested :)

Yes, nomans Land. :)

@Topic
Well, i think every country got its reasons for being the best metal country.
Norway is very famous for their Black Metal scene, Sweden for their (melodic) Death Metal and Finland for the Viking/Gothic Metal Bands.
Germany is also very nice, we've got many great and big festivals and much international bands are signed under a german label. :cool:

i agree on germany, but me as a black metal person put my vote on Norway.. Maybe its not because the metal tho.. i just love Norway haha.. Anyway, Belgar, Holland hasnt got really great bands, metalheads are rare (well atleast in my region, but its Drenthe.. yeah.. wont say much to the non-dutch ppl, but the dutch ppl will thing "Oh ja dat verklaart alles")

The German-based metal review site I use a lot often reviews current German bands' albums, and they consistently get bad reviews.

In terms of being a mecca for concerts, however, Germany is where it's at.

Trashhead said:
Let's see

Nörthwind
Tierra Santa
Dark Moor
Saratoga
Excalibur
Opus Dead
Hybernia

to name a few

ummm,well, i did not mean we dont have any band, i mean we dont have any(for my taste) as good as the ones abroad..and..well..i dont really like the ones you have listed, but hell, i do like bands from here, unfortunately they do not appear in magazines or anything similar,because as i said bands here have not a really good support by anyone( labels, promoters,whatever...)
and the list you mention for a country with 44 million people can give you an image about the scene here.

However, festivals here are pretty damn funny, every foreign person i have meet in a festival here has said that ambient is awesome, maybe the billing is not as in wacken, but...you can have fun!( and cheap alcohol i guess:headbang: )

That counts for something i guess, though spain is a bit too far for me..

Next year it's gonna be either Wacken or Graspop for me, depends on the line-ups

Trashhead said:
That counts for something i guess, though spain is a bit too far for me..

Next year it's gonna be either Wacken or Graspop for me, depends on the line-ups

dont know where you coming from but...think about how "apparently" cheap this country of mine is for foreigners, everybody says so ( unluckily we cannot say other way)...

Wacken line up will be great as always but i have never been there because it´s arround 26 hours bus( just waiting to go by plane), however i went once to grasspop(only 22 hours) and it was pretty nice, bands apart, the place was great and with hot water on showers:) ...

Sweden is great we have to admit (Amon Amarth, Opeth, Edge of Sanity etc.). USA too, (Death, Agalloch)... However I haven't seen Australia come up! Being my home, i may be biased... but where else would you find:
Abyssic Hate
Abramelin
Alarum
Psycroptic
Gospel of the Horns
Destroyer 666
The Berzerker
Superheist
Fuck... I'm Dead
The Day Everything Became Nothing
Dungeon
Black Majesty

owen10se said:
I think that Sweden is the greatest band in the world when it comes to metal!
Do you agree?
No?
What about:

In Flames
Hypocrisy
Opeth
Haunted
Dark Tranquillity
Marduk
At the Gates
Candlemass
Entombed
Evergrey
Dark Funeral
Forsaken
Soilwork
Katatonia
Necrophobic
Grave
Bloodbath
Unleashed
Nightrage
Naglfar
Edge of Sanity
Dismember
Dissection
Defleshed
Crown
Carnal Forge

and of course:
:worship: Amon Amarth
Try to match that if you can!

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you forgot vintersorg, manegarm, mithotyn!!!!!!
and many others of course which don't come to my mind

Renie Gamgee said:

I consider Russia better then USA, usa is really all about slipknot and all that crap.

Anyway, imo:
for the BEST bands its Norway
The MOST (good) bands its Sweden
And indeed, concerts/festivals blablabla Germany