The best metal-nation?

logo--gwar.jpg

Antarctica!

no no no no you guys have it ALL WRONG
the best metal comes from a little country that goes by the name of bahrain.

america is responsible for death metal... IE. Death, morbid angel, diecide, nile etc.

i'm more BM and folk BM and stuff so i'd have to chose Norway (in the early 90s) and France and Eastern Europe in general. Sweden's melo death scene is worth a praise too.
I'm not much into classic metal, thrash or death, so there goes US, Germany and UK. sorry :p

Big number of bands that come from a certain country, doesn't mean the metal scene is big as well.....

take the US for example... there are a million of great bands that come from here. but the scene here SUCKS.

I lived in Europe for many years, and from my point of view, biggest metal "nation" would be in the Netherlands/ Belgium/ Germany area.
You can't beat that area.
Just notice how many tour dates a bands get in each of those countries....

Antwerp scene is pretty poor at the moment... but if we drink enough and go to enough gigs we'll change that :D

Dead_Lioness said:
Big number of bands that come from a certain country, doesn't mean the metal scene is big as well.....

take the US for example... there are a million of great bands that come from here. but the scene here SUCKS.

I lived in Europe for many years, and from my point of view, biggest metal "nation" would be in the Netherlands/ Belgium/ Germany area.

thats a giant area with lots of citizens, of course you cant beat it, as well as London, there´s always gigs in London, however, when you try to find a nice pub/place/hole to listen to metal on a non-gig day you would be really dissapointed which means the scene is a big shit...
I guess the positive thing about germany is how many people are there,however, truly metal" hearts" are from up noth but they are just an small population, to sum: if scandinavia area had as many citizens as german area i bet it would be definitely the place to move to...

Dead_Lioness said:

The funny thing is that every American metalhead says there are tons of great bands from usa and the scene rules, but if you ask european metalheads they say USA sux in metal, both bands and scene.. pretty funny

well, that's because there is no one "scene" here in the states. The kids divide themselves into the sub-genres of sub-genres, and hate everyone else. It's pretty dumb.

Greece is the best country in heavy metal.
Rotting Christ
necromantia
septic flesh
nightfall
naer mataron
innerwish
marauder
thou art lord
battleroar
emerald sun
blade of spirit
varathron
mystery
and other bands from GREECE!

greece owns because it was the protector of Western culture oh those many eons ago... Thermopylae ftw!