how do they do this...

uhhh that video is on a 50 year old guys account so its just that he liked the vid...If it was your vid, wouldnt you send us the link with your account hosting the video??

:lol: , i never said the vid was fucking mine, i just thought the guy was really good at doing nice clean speed picking with the open notes in perfect timing.

don't worry a vid will come soon i hope. its not my priority to be accredited from the gheys0rz club...

Link to the video that I've posted is not my video. Who said it was me?
I just found something on youtube to show you and ask.
Thank you for advices.

Link to the video that I've posted is not my video. Who said it was me?
I just found something on youtube to show you and ask.
Thank you for advices.

we werent talking about you, we were talking about the person who said he can play bodom solos after a year of playing.

we werent talking about you, we were talking about the person who said he can play bodom solos after a year of playing.

look, before i played guitar i played piano very seriously for 5 years, that obviously helped my fingers. then i got an electric guitar, pretty much noodled for a year, not totally serious. this past year i've been taking it more seriously and really practicing 2-3 hours a day at least/writing songs, you know the deal. i will do a vid of me shredding soon, but i can't do it on my good guitar because it's busted and i need to gut the whole thing. but some of the techniques i know are; sweep picking (learning it, im just on the brink of getting my hands coordinated), speed picking, tapping, legato, staccato, vibrato ( i have tons of compliments on my crazy vibrato), pinched harmonics, dime squeals, natural harmonics, that thing that dime does when you fret a note then you put your finger on the harmonic. i also know tremelo picking (i am told i have a very good technique). i havn't just gotten compliments from a family member or whatever. im in a band/class thing that was created by this guy named Brandon Cook, who has studied with marty friedman, and 2 other of the megadeth members. he has also played along with TSO on 4 of their shows. he's really good, he's always giving me compliments, as well as helpful hints/criticism.

Sorry for the triple post but I found this video, Paul Gilbert is great at making instructional videos so you might wanna check him out further.

That's actually a really good video. :kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah his instructional writing in Total Guitar magazine is always brilliant. He used to write two pages of techniques and general tips in every issue. But a recent issue was his last entry. He's left the magazine now :cry:

Oh and this is a really good one

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an advice... Well at least it can be an advice.

When I practice (Keyboards) in the goal to learn something, in the goal to become better, in the goal to etc, it's always... poor and slowly learnd and etc. When I practice because I want to play, because I want to have fun and etc, I learn damnly fast and I overcome such fucking difficult thing and like 3-4 days after I'm like... Wtf how did I learned that...

Music is expression dude, have fun with it, don't mind the business and the famous thing.

Yeah, I started taking a piano class at the beginning of the school year (about 18 weeks ago) because I wanted to learn to play piano/keyboard, but yeah, it is slow and steady progress, but I know that Ive gotten better, but even though I know I cant play as good as say Janne, I still do have fun, and I find myself being able to play more stuff than I used to. But are there any practice excercises that you use to help out?

:lol: , i never said the vid was fucking mine, i just thought the guy was really good at doing nice clean speed picking with the open notes in perfect timing.

don't worry a vid will come soon i hope. its not my priority to be accredited from the gheys0rz club...

or maybe youre just full of shit :erk:

Exactly. Dont worry about speed, get your technique down, and over time you'll gain speed. Practicing also helps, like with speed exercises, but remember, even when you do those, start slow until you can get them to sound good, and then slowly get faster, but still work on getting it to sound good over sloppy and fast.
(Unless you're a Kerry King wannabe. Then work on playing sloppy and fast.)

Hi
Probably I have the most stupid question you've been ever asked. But...

How do these guys (COB) and all other best guitar players gain this level of playing?
Do they just start to play when they are 7-10 years old and play every day 10 hours non stop or it's something else?
What is the process before they become these album makers and crazy live players?

I do ask this coz I've been playing guitar(Epiphone Flying V) for 3 years now and it's still hard for me to learn fast parts from COB songs.

Thanks!

I would think so! I also think that you have to be naturally gifted to have such skill as the COB guys!