how do they do this...

i find the "D major" shape quite hard to sweep

There's 3 shapes.

And what about signing and playing at the same time?
Does anyone have such experience?
As for me every time I open my mouth all playing goes fucked up immediately.

Then you obviously don't know the guitar part well enough. Learn the guitar part and repeat it FOREVER until it's sooooo easy and then just try daydreaming about something while you're playing it. Then just talking over it and then eventually singing.

And what about signing and playing at the same time?
Does anyone have such experience?
As for me every time I open my mouth all playing goes fucked up immediately.

I can pretty well, right now, I can do Children of Bodom, Chokehold, and SNBN, while playing also.

It just takes some extra practice.

Words from my guitar teacher (One of Canada's best guitarists IMO):

"You don't have to practice speed in order to play fast, just play guitar every day and you'll naturally get faster over time."

Just don't worry about it, keep it up and you'll get better with time.

Even if I don't play guitar, I try to imagine in my mind what would be the better things and deeds to become so good and fast about guitar world's technique... and I think that those words up above were correct, cause you can't get fast without practice...
You can't avoid to do a lot of practice, expecially slow but methodical practice... so, a lot of patience and strong desire are requested too.

I have one tip for you guys that are having a hard time playing faster or whatever....PLAY WITH A METRONOME!!! i know EVERYONE says it and you think your too cool for it....but seriously....if you wanna learn SNBN's sweeping section...you gotta play it slow! (btw, it's really not that hard). start way slower then it is....then keep going up and up until you got it down!

I have one tip for you guys that are having a hard time playing faster or whatever....PLAY WITH A METRONOME!!! i know EVERYONE says it and you think your too cool for it....but seriously....if you wanna learn SNBN's sweeping section...you gotta play it slow! (btw, it's really not that hard). start way slower then it is....then keep going up and up until you got it down!

Mattias Eklundh said that metronomes are stupid:loco:

Metronomes are boring as fuck to use. Everyone is like "zomg get a metronome!" and when I finally got one I used it once and now it just collects dust. Only use a metronome if you have horrible timing.

I use a metronome to guage progress, not to keep me in time. They're very useful for that otherwise you don't know how fast you're playing and probably won't know if you're progressing on a specific lick.

Metronomes are boring as fuck to use. Everyone is like "zomg get a metronome!" and when I finally got one I used it once and now it just collects dust. Only use a metronome if you have horrible timing.

same here, i got one cuz this guy told me, "you have to get a metronome if you wanna play fast!!!" and then i just used it once to practice the intro to bed of razors, and it did help me build a little speed on that. but i haven't really used it since...i guess it'd be a good idea if i started again.

I think having a metronome, so you can, like Mitch said, track your progress, and it does teach you to stay in time better, which will help with learning songs.

I use a metronome to guage progress, not to keep me in time. They're very useful for that otherwise you don't know how fast you're playing and probably won't know if you're progressing on a specific lick.

[meatloafmode]you took the words right out of my mouth[/meatloafmode]

And many guitar heroes like John Petrucci agree...