How do you edit drums??

It does...it does..... Thank you (@ the others too).
For know, i´m not at the point where i have to move tracks (i was aware of treating them as a whole), and going into Hit Point calculation and stuff (maybe i won`t have to).
What i did is, trim single hits :zombie: so that I can make hits longer, shorter, or get the bleeding back if I want to.

I found the results good sounding and I happily expect this record`s release in 2017.

Calculate the hit points of each drum track. The easiest way to do this is cut the songs into sections (verse, chorus, etc.) that way you have a better resolution to see where the hit points are landing instead of hunting through the entire song. Then I use Hitpoints > Divide events a hitpoints. This makes all your slices. Only thing after that, is I need a macro program to apply the different cuts to everything at once, which I'm in the process of figuring out. Without it, you're stuck highlighting all the tracks and doing a lot of N/Alt-X.

After that, highlight all your hits per section, drag a little from the right to cut some length so each hit has some space, then press Q, then X. That quantizes and cross fades. When you pull a little off the hits, the crossfades are a lot less prone to crossfading over a hit, they tend to land in the silence.

Have you tried folder tracks? this will cut all your tracks together if you drop them in there.

Have you tried folder tracks? this will cut all your tracks together if you drop them in there.

Yeah, it's what I do now, but it's stil laborious as crap. I still have to put each trigger track above the folder and run its slices, then the next and the next to make sure I get all the hits cut in the acoustic drums. I just that auto hotkey thing someone posted, but I couldn't get it working.

Hey you guys ...

Some friends recorded a couple of tracks for a demo-cd and as I already did some tracks with programmed drums they asked me to "mix" it.

I never really worked with "real" drumtracks, so could someone please give me some advice on editing the drumtracks? :D

For example ... how do you edit doublebass-parts?

And how can I optimize snare-rolls when I want to replace the snare via drumagog (demo-version).

Thank you guys ... you can't imagine how much I already learned from this forum!!!