How do you guys attract more people and a bigger audience for your projects/bands?

I opened my own record label with a friend (www.l-tracks.com) to have some "legitimate" backing after getting off of my old label.

It's a lot of work, but a lot of fun also. And much more expensive than you originally think. You also realize once again that everyone is making money, except for the beginner/lower-level bands - regardless of what people are telling everyone.

Payola is alive and well and really, ANY band with a little money in their pockets can just buy their way into the mags. That's what the record labels do. It's has nothing to do with quality. They'll simply find someone to review you and interview you who will like your music. In your case that will be easy because it is actually good.

Then again, good music never helped anyone, really :) it's all about who you know and who you are "buddy-buddy" with so they will help you out down the line. If you keep sitting in your home and not going out to the clubs and gigs and meeting people and drinking with them and making a good impression, no one will ever do anything for you. Studio projects only work if you already have a name and people are looking for your stuff.
^+1 all he said! Certainly the way to go if you can afford it!
Maybe you can pay a promotion agency to do that for you. (Might turn out cheaper in the end.)

Boobies. Hands down. Guaranteed to double your popularity.
Don't think so. There was a band in a band contest that had a girl in a bathing suit on stage. she had a poster with here that promised she'd be naked next time if the band made it to the final round.
Well, the band is no more and she looked quite good actually! ;)

Hi Bob:
One of the best things that has helped me to increase exposure is to team up with a few other bands of similar style. You swap out 10 or 20 cd's with each band, and when you sell one of yours you also include a "freebie" from another band. Likewise, when the other band sells a cd, they give away one of yours with it. The buyer thinks it's really cool because they just got two cd's for the price of one, and in their feelgood state they listen to your cd and odds are they are going to think it's good too. They start talking to their buddies about how they got this unexpected deal the other day and they start talking about your cd. Chances are they are then going to go to your site and check you out, and you now have a new fan that is highly likely to buy your other stuff.

Just make sure that the bands you team up with actually move material pretty regularly, and it helps a lot if you both have a nice professional cd package. With cd's being about a buck apiece, it's a pretty good promotional tool.

Good luck!

P.S. - Anyone interested in doing something like this in the Maiden/Priest type genre let me know, I'm always looking for other bands to team up with.

ROFLCOPTER! :lol:

Here's the logo of the last band I played in:

Any similarities? ;)

Yeah, I knew it was a font that was online. ;P
But there are some handdrawn stuff in our logo too, but I cant really say much more about it, sence it was "ordered" from a friend(Free ofc.).
Still its a damn nice font. ;P

Start a gimmick metal band with a theme that ties in with a popular hollywood blockbuster at the time and use that popular concept to gain attention...
Then quit it to make music you actually like and play off the success of the old project?

Though who would do that.... :loco:

Actually, bob, come on MSN some time... i have some good plans for marketing my new band and it'd be cool to shoot the shit and compare.

Start a gimmick metal band with a theme that ties in with a popular hollywood blockbuster at the time and use that popular concept to gain attention...
Then quit it to make music you actually like and play off the success of the old project?

Though who would do that.... :loco:

Are you talking about Alestorm and Pirates of the Caribbean? Cuz I think the pirate craze was around before that movie came out (so you guys were playing off a trend rather than a movie :heh: )...

Are you talking about Alestorm and Pirates of the Caribbean? Cuz I think the pirate craze was around before that movie came out (so you guys were playing off a trend rather than a movie :heh: )...

Actually, "Captain Morgan's Revenge" is a concept album about a dream i had where i was raped by Morgan Freeman dressed as the sailor from the Village People!

Yeah, I knew it was a font that was online. ;P
But there are some handdrawn stuff in our logo too, but I cant really say much more about it, sence it was "ordered" from a friend(Free ofc.).
Still its a damn nice font. ;P
Same here (as for "free"): Our drummer did that...
My next band definitely will get some graphics guy to too our stuff though.