How does this sound? (TSE808/X50/SD2.0)

I would have to disagree about adding more gain, I think the main thing is getting the bass added. I think once you get the bass added and maybe a double track of bass ran through an aux track with some heavy compression and a distortion it will glue this mix together and help it a lot.

Post a second mix if you try this idea, I'd love to hear the results.

Cheers
-Cory

It definitely hits you in the face when it starts, I think your guitars and bass are to up front, it seems like its drowning out the drums. Also I'm hearing a weird "honk" in the upper mids, not really sure what it is though. I think you're on the right track though.

-Cory

It definitely hits you in the face when it starts, I think your guitars and bass are to up front, it seems like its drowning out the drums. Also I'm hearing a weird "honk" in the upper mids, not really sure what it is though. I think you're on the right track though.

-Cory

What exactly do you mean by a "honk" in the upper mids?

I think its coming from where the guitar and bass are mixing together, try doing a high Q sweep through the mids/upper mids on the guitar and bass and see if anything jumps out at you. Its subtle but I think they're fighting for space in a certain frequency.

-Cory