How fast do you think tickets will sell out this year?

jonrpatrick

Sep 19, 2004
I don't know what the record is yet... but I wouldn't be totally surprised if it sold out the first weekend.

Ya'll??

(this'll be my 3rd...looking to line up my posse so we can secure our rooms...hate to read how fast they'll filling up in Atlanta for ya'll on the forums.)
J

The record is last year and was 3 1/2 days. This year is going to be a bit different and a test of the "festival's" drawing power vs. "big name band" drawing power The fresh/exclusive headliners are just not available anymore so I had to change things up. I elected to go with stronger names in the #2 slots and only two distinct headliners (no co-headliners each night) this year.

I don't think any record will fall, but I am confident in a sell-out.

Glenn H.

jonrpatrick said:
I don't know what the record is yet... but I wouldn't be totally surprised if it sold out the first weekend.

Ya'll??

(this'll be my 3rd...looking to line up my posse so we can secure our rooms...hate to read how fast they'll filling up in Atlanta for ya'll on the forums.)
J

How could you guess that (with any accuracy) before you know the entire line up?

I think it will sell out in 1 hour and 23 minutes!!!!

It all depends on the drawing power of the bands of course, but I would venture to guess that it will sell out in about week, maybe a little more (Its possible), maybe a little less (more likely).

I'm 99% sure it will sell out. You have the regulars, lots of whom post here, who would probably go even if it wasn't a super great lineup. I think it gets more word of mouth each year, I know I certainly pimp it when I can. Fans of the lower down bands on the bill will probably read that they're playing in Atlanta, if they had the means to discover the bands in the first place. This was going to more of a point, but I'm tired and forgot. If this year has two major headliners, I'd expect a bit of a slower sell, but as Glenn said, a faster sellout would be great as it'd show more dedication to the festival in general.

This year is going to be a bit different and a test of the "festival's" drawing power vs. "big name band" drawing power The fresh/exclusive headliners are just not available anymore so I had to change things up.

BOIIIIING... that's very promising news, IMO.

smartass... I'm guessing 1:24. I bet I'm closer. :lol:

booB said:
This year is going to be a bit different and a test of the "festival's" drawing power vs. "big name band" drawing power The fresh/exclusive headliners are just not available anymore so I had to change things up.

BOIIIIING... that's very promising news, IMO.

smartass... I'm guessing 1:24. I bet I'm closer. :lol:

Hey this ain't The Price Is Right! "What was the lowest bid, Bob?" :D

5 days 12 hours and 15 minutes for the Festival

4 days and 6 hours for pre-party

Just my wild - ass guess

The_Kinslayer said:
It all depends on the drawing power of the bands of course, but I would venture to guess that it will sell out in about week, maybe a little more (Its possible), maybe a little less (more likely).

I trust Glenn completely.

The show will be good.

I buy the tix without knowing ANY of the bands (in fact I already have sent my gold badge check).

And I WILL have a fantastic time.:headbang:

Harvester said:
The record is last year and was 3 1/2 days. This year is going to be a bit different and a test of the "festival's" drawing power vs. "big name band" drawing power. The fresh/exclusive headliners are just not available anymore so I had to change things up. Glenn H.

I and many others wouldn't have any problem with Nevermore headlining and playing a headlining set length. Every time I see them in the USA, they are opening for someone else and get to play 30-45 minutes. I can't tell you how frustrating that is, being that they are from the USA. They opened for Opeth a few years ago in Milwaukee on a small stage and it was the most intense band performance I've ever seen. Very, very tight. Sounded better than the discs, IMO.

Ooooooh, I'm a gambling woman - let me in on this!!!!!

My guess is that it will sell out, and it will be in about the same amount of time as last year's festival sell out of 3.5 days.

How much should we wager???????

BABS said:
Ooooooh, I'm a gambling woman - let me in on this!!!!!

My guess is that it will sell out, and it will be in about the same amount of time as last year's festival sell out of 3.5 days.

How much should we wager???????
A round of drinks for everyone that posts on this thread, the night of the pre-party. If you post a time on here, and you loss then you buy one round of drinks for everyone that posts a time here. The winner gets to sit there and drink all night for free. Sounds like a good deal to me. But we have to set a cut-off day for the bets and times.