do you think opeth's shows will sell out?

Hard music is trendy if it's teen angst related and more importantly short and to the point... I don't think Opeth's harder music fits that criteria very well. I don't see Damnation booming with mainstream popularity either, but there's more of a chance being that the songs will be shorter in length from what I've heard and have more standard structures.

Originally posted by Moonlapse
How is it up to them how much airplay they get? So if Deliverance appears on MTV they're immediately called 'commercial and trendy shitheads'? Great fanbase they have....

Understand my sarcasm. There's no possibilty they will appear on MTV, how hard they will try it's just impossible. I don't like when people say they are commercial and trendy - it's just bullshit for me.

Markgugs-
"Also, keep in mind that Paradise Lost & Lacuna Coil aren't exactly "unknown" bands with no fans."

Did anyone else hear this? (My apoligies if there's already a thread started.) I was looking forward to hearing them live.

LACUNA COIL Off OPETH/PARADISE LOST Tour! - Jan. 6, 2003
Italian gothic metal combo LACUNA COIL are reportedly on the verge of dropping off the upcoming OPETH/PARADISE LOST North American tour.

"I don't know if they are off the whole tour or not," a spokesperson for the group's label, Century Media Records, told BLABBERMOUTH.NET Monday night. "I do know that there was a major immigration problem. Century Media stepped in on Friday to try and fix it. We got Immigration everything they needed and had them put a rush on things to try and make it happen. We're hoping it can get done in time so the band can either do the whole tour or at least some of it, but this late in the game, I will say it doesn't look good."

BLind Guardian and Symphony X sold out at Jaxx in November and they are nowhere near on the popularity level Opeth is around here. Of course, the next day is high-school midterms in Maryland so alot of kids won't be attending the show.

I'll make up the midterms. Seeing Opeth for the third time is well worth it.

The show they did in DEublin in 2001 sold out, was the promoters most successful gig to date. The one they're playing here in March will more than likely sell out again, especially because the venue they're playing in this time is even smaller than the last one!

But i'll be the first to bug a ticket when they go on sale.
They haven't yet because the promoters are waiting to see who the support is so they can price the tickets accordingly.

Any news on the support/s by the way?

Okay, I'm from the San Francisco area. When they toured here last time, i drove to Los Angeles so I'd catch that show, the one in San Francisco and the one in San Jose. I get to the Key Club (which holds 1,300 people) and the show had been sold out. Then I see a BUNCH of my Bay Area (San Francisco) friends in Los Angeles and I'm thinking, what the hell? A bunch of groups of them (I'm talking like 20 groups of people, probably 100 people total or so) drove all the way to Los Angeles because they had heard that Opeth was cancelling the two shows in the Bay Area. It was a false rumor and I thought they were insane since they didn't call and ask me first. LOL So, NEVER under-estimate Opeth or metal fans. If you think it won't sell out, it most definitely will. Oh, by the way, both shows in the Bay Area were sold out too. :p

The show at the Pound in San Francisco is very very close to sold out as of last night. I'm talking like 50 tix left. It will sell out. It sold out the last two times they were here as did L.A., so I'm sure it will this time. Plus there are a bunch of Paradise Lost fans here, too. Don't forget about them! I also know a lot of Opeth fans in the Chicago area, so I'd be willing to bet it will sell out there too.