do you think opeth's shows will sell out?

ezekiel

sanzen
Jul 9, 2002
ny
Visit site
my friend doesn't know if he's going back to college b4 the show on the 19th at irving plaza, so we didn't get tickets yet. i doubt it'll sell out cause no one i know heard of opeth. does anyone think it will sell out?

Hmm...no...after all Opeth isn't Tool. And they said in some interviews that on some US shows there were not more than 40 people or something...

maybe, after damnation, opeth's show will sell out...they'll appear on mtv and stuff.

Don't underestimate the metal underground. A lot has changed since their 2000 tour, and music like Opeth's is FAR MORE readily accessible to far more people today.

For the record, 'Deliverance' opened at the #1 spot on the CMJ 'Loud Music' charts, which is taken from college stations & metal/harder airplay stations.

Irving Plaza in NYC holds MAYBE 1000 people when it's at capacity. I've seen far lesser bands than Opeth sell that place out. Also, keep in mind that Paradise Lost & Lacuna Coil aren't exactly "unknown" bands with no fans.

Originally posted by markgugs
Don't underestimate the metal underground. A lot has changed since their 2000 tour, and music like Opeth's is FAR MORE readily accessible to far more people today.

For the record, 'Deliverance' opened at the #1 spot on the CMJ 'Loud Music' charts, which is taken from college stations & metal/harder airplay stations.

Irving Plaza in NYC holds MAYBE 1000 people when it's at capacity. I've seen far lesser bands than Opeth sell that place out. Also, keep in mind that Paradise Lost & Lacuna Coil aren't exactly "unknown" bands with no fans.

Yeah man, I understand that. I don't like shit like: they will appear on mtv and stuff. Do you think they are commercial and trendy shitheads??? I think no!

For the Worcester, MA show, I'd say maybe crowded, but not sold out. I've seen many metal shows over the past two years, and only Slayer packed the house.

Many other shows have had decent showings, but nowhere near a sellout. The worse showing was Enslaved in Attleboro, MA. If I counted 40 people there, that was alot. But a great show nonetheless.

i mean, even type o negative didn't sell out when i saw them at irving plaza. oh well, i'll get them as soon as possibly and just hope it doesn't sell out.
and true, there will be blacks selling tickets even though they wont know whos playing.

Originally posted by poldarn
heheh, I don't think the MTV crowd is into experimental old 70's prog, which is what Mike said Damnation sounded like.

Yes, I totally agree with this.

Originally posted by HauntED
Yeah man, I understand that. I don't like shit like: they will appear on mtv and stuff. Do you think they are commercial and trendy shitheads??? I think no!

How is it up to them how much airplay they get? So if Deliverance appears on MTV they're immediately called 'commercial and trendy shitheads'? Great fanbase they have....