extra pre-show tickets?

Speaking of Pre-Party tickets.....

I know some of the local GA people got theirs right away, but I haven't seen mine yet, anybody else still WAITING for their tix to arrive?

J-Dubya

I know some of you guys had financial reasons, but why did some of you not get the tickets when they went on sale? The Pre-party had more buzz this year then the festival, so why wait?!

And I received my preparty tickets the week after, so you should look into that *whoever said they haven't received theirs*

Nightmare1z said:
I know some of you guys had financial reasons, but why did some of you not get the tickets when they went on sale? The Pre-party had more buzz this year then the festival, so why wait?!

And I received my preparty tickets the week after, so you should look into that *whoever said they haven't received theirs*
Very true. So far, the highest bid I've received for a PSP ticket is $50 and a free beer. Any takers? Wanna up the ante? Please keep the offers limited to beer and money ONLY, OK? Thanks.:lol:

Thanks for the replies. Kings Gene, you're in Chicago, so I should have gotten mine a day or 2 later. Not cool. I better not get fucked on this. :mad:
Hope they'll at LEAST put me on a will call list, but I'd rather have my tix.
(yes they were paid for, cc was immediately charged....)
Looks like a monday morning phone call.
J-Dubya

J-Dubya 777 said:
Thanks for the replies. Kings Gene, you're in Chicago, so I should have gotten mine a day or 2 later. Not cool. I better not get fucked on this. :mad:
Hope they'll at LEAST put me on a will call list, but I'd rather have my tix.
(yes they were paid for, cc was immediately charged....)
Looks like a monday morning phone call.
J-Dubya

Get on it! "must....not....get.....f*cked....on....this..." :)

7thSaviour said:
Very true. So far, the highest bid I've received for a PSP ticket is $50 and a free beer. Any takers? Wanna up the ante? Please keep the offers limited to beer and money ONLY, OK? Thanks.:lol:

To 7thSaviour:Ok, I've already gotten my pre-show ticket so I don't have a stake in this, but if you're trying to make money off of a fans poor situation I think that's a really shitty thing to do. It seems that a few people were not financially prepared to get a pre-show ticket and now your playing asshole scalper (which by the way, is ILLEGAL) and trying to make a profit off of someone else's unfortunate situation. :mad:
If you had some respect for your fellow metal fans, you'd be happy to sell an extra ticket to whoever offered you the face value first, as opposed to trying to sell it to the highest bidder just so you can make money and make a point to be a dick about it on the forum.
I hope you choke on that beer! :heh:

To all of you who are trying to find a ticket:I wish you all the best of luck in finding a ticket for the pre-show and hope this thread helps you do that ... at a reasonable price and without having to make yourself into someone's beer bitch for the rest of the weekend. Hopefully there will be a few others to come forward and offer to sell an extra ticket they have at a reasonable price.
Should you not be able to find a ticket, I hope that someone does organize and off-venue pre-show party at a hotel or something, so that you guys can still enjoy yourselves and listen to some kick-ass music on Thursday night. Hope to see you all at the pre-show, but if not then, definatly at the show on Friday and Saturday. Best of luck finding your tickets!
:headbang: :kickass:

KingsGene said:
Get on it! "must....not....get.....f*cked....on....this..." :)

Done! They had put me on will call (I originally asked for tickets)
and were very cool about the whole thing, they are a pleasure to deal with!
They said tix go in the mail today!
Crisis mostly averted! :)

J-Dubya

BlackRoseMetalHeart said:
I'm glad to see that there are a few people on here who agree with me. It's not fair to so blatently overcharge a fellow fan. (And I use the word "fellow" losely and with hesitation.)

Actually if I knew someone who needed a ticket, whether they be someone I hang with at PP, or someone I just know from the forum, I'd do the face value thing. I can't argue about the laws of supply/demand, but I do think there is negative karma to be had for doing that, since there ARE people here looking for tix.

J-Dubya

BlackRoseMetalHeart said:
I'm glad to see that there are a few people on here who agree with me. It's not fair to so blatently overcharge a fellow fan. (And I use the word "fellow" losely and with hesitation.)

While I'm not the most morally-upright person in the world, I agree that it's not "fair" to buy extra tickets then try to sell them at inflated prices, and it's not something I'd actively engage in myself.

That said, I can't really claim the moral authority to tell other people they shouldn't do it. If someone has something that is of value to other people and those people choose of their own free will to pay whatever amount of money for it, I don't see why I should condemn it. And even if we do condemn it, there's no way moral outrage is going to trump the basic laws of supply and demand. However "wrong" it is to scalp with a high markup, it's going to keep happening as long as there continue to be people willing to pay those prices.

As far as I can see, it's a basic economic reality. For example, I am not soliciting bids for my pre-party tickets, and would not sell them even for 2 or 3 or 5 times what I paid for them. But if someone came along out of the blue and offered me thousands and thousands of dollars for them, I would sell them in an instant.

In my best Brando......."Make me an offer I can't refuse"......... And Tess, thanks, but I can get my own thank you!

Anyways, what Glenn said. If anything changes, you guys will be the first to know...

Shane