How fast do you think tickets will sell out this year?

jonrpatrick said:
I don't know what the record is yet... but I wouldn't be totally surprised if it sold out the first weekend.

Ya'll??

(this'll be my 3rd...looking to line up my posse so we can secure our rooms...hate to read how fast they'll filling up in Atlanta for ya'll on the forums.)
J

Who gives a shit?

European metal on North American shores...!!!...WOOHOO!

The fact that this is your 3rd year and you haven't already anxiously scrambled your "posse" (that verbiage is so non-metal) to secure your room shows your utter lack of respect and dedication to the festival...

Glenn expects more from his dedicated fanbase, I'm sure...man...I sure hope you're not in line for a Gold Badge (hehe)...

Either way...

Rock on, brother!

ashaman7122 said:
The fact that this is your 3rd year and you haven't already anxiously scrambled your "posse" (that verbiage is so non-metal) to secure your room shows your utter lack of respect and dedication to the festival...

Glenn expects more from his dedicated fanbase, I'm sure...man...I sure hope you're not in line for a Gold Badge (hehe)...

Ash...

I don't know if you're giving the new (forum) guy a hard time, but that is a bit harsh to say, I think. I don't think that if you aren't jumping to find a room already that you are any more or less dedicated than anyone else. The fact is, there is almost three months til the tickets are even on sale (and over 9 months til the show itself!)

IMO, the hotels that are in walking distance are a bit overemphasized (and overly hyped). Yeah, it's great to be within walking distance of the venue and all, but the last time I checked for hotels (last year), there were a lot available within a reasonable driving distance. It might just be of importance for that dude to see the show, not necessarily be 'hanging' with other concert-goers at a hotel.

Just a mild thought.

Harvester said:
The record is last year and was 3 1/2 days. This year is going to be a bit different and a test of the "festival's" drawing power vs. "big name band" drawing power The fresh/exclusive headliners are just not available anymore so I had to change things up.
Glenn H.

I'm bettin' on a slightly different approach for this year. I think this year is gonna be "Southern Fried Prog"!:OMG:

Molly Hatchet
Outlaws
Marshall Tucker band

Ha! Ha!:D

The_Kinslayer said:
It all depends on the drawing power of the bands of course, but I would venture to guess that it will sell out in about week, maybe a little more (Its possible), maybe a little less (more likely).

I agree that the drawing power of the bands may have some effect on how many days it takes for tickets to sell out, but given the overall buzz of this festival in underground metal circles as compared to the total capacity of the venue, I think it's pretty much a given that every ticket will be sold, regardless of whether it takes a few days longer than last year

Sumeet said:
I agree that the drawing power of the bands may have some effect on how many days it takes for tickets to sell out, but given the overall buzz of this festival in underground metal circles as compared to the total capacity of the venue, I think it's pretty much a given that every ticket will be sold, regardless of whether it takes a few days longer than last year

Yeah, I completely agree that the festival will sell out regardless. I just think the time in which it takes to sell out will depend on the bands.

Walter_Langkowski said:
Ash...

I don't know if you're giving the new (forum) guy a hard time, but that is a bit harsh to say, I think. I don't think that if you aren't jumping to find a room already that you are any more or less dedicated than anyone else. The fact is, there is almost three months til the tickets are even on sale (and over 9 months til the show itself!)

IMO, the hotels that are in walking distance are a bit overemphasized (and overly hyped). Yeah, it's great to be within walking distance of the venue and all, but the last time I checked for hotels (last year), there were a lot available within a reasonable driving distance. It might just be of importance for that dude to see the show, not necessarily be 'hanging' with other concert-goers at a hotel.

Just a mild thought.

Point very well taken, Walt...you and I have always seen eye-to-eye on stuff...

That being said...lighten up...you know I'm usually full of shit...

Probably shouldn't scare off the newbies, though, eh?

Rock on!

Harvester said:
I'm rather certain Ash was being sarcastic.

Glenn H.

You betcha!...Aren't I always?

See people...even Glenn knows how full of shit I am...

Rock on!