how highly regarded are NIGHTWISH in this forum ?

BoogieMk1

Jun 25, 2003
Northern Ireland
Visit site
I would usually not give a metal band that had a female singer or guitarist one second of my attention.

then........................i got a load of material by Sinergy not knowing the singer was a girl...............the music floored me !!!!

Now ive gotten stuff by a band called Nightwish, their singer is called tarja and is a girl. To say she can sing is an understatement of enormity, she is a terrific singer and then some.

I dont know much about the group and im just curious, amongst the hordes of metal fans......how are Nightwish perceived ?

I think they write some of the most melodic metal ive heard and that singer is a gem :tickled:

Disturbed4ntics said:
Nightwish? You like Nightwish? Who likes Nightwish?

You must die now.

apparently quite a few............................
what wrong with them ? i think the songs are first rate, its bull like death metal and that crap that that bore me senseless.

if a band can genuinely play, have a stunning singer and write songs of high calibre.....i dont understand your negative viewpoint here. :ill:

BoogieMk1 said:
apparently quite a few............................
what wrong with them ? i think the songs are first rate, its bull like death metal and that crap that that bore me senseless.

if a band can genuinely play, have a stunning singer and write songs of high calibre.....i dont understand your negative viewpoint here. :ill:

I am of the opinion that whether or not a band can "genuinely play", has a "stunning singer" or writes songs of "high calibre" is ALL completely beside the point.

Mike.

I've heard a few songs, and they are really good. They had high fan participation at ProgPower IV. The whole crowd was chanting "Nightwish!" before they came on...

seriously.....................?

kimberly goss can sing with passion, a rarething in metal indeed. i had some stuff from the death side of the fence, i satback andlistened to "vocals" that were imho nuthin short of "bawagggghhhhh reuugggggghhh deaggghhhhhhtttt"

i mean.....what the hell is that ? :erk:

stuff i have by sinergy is just fantastically melodic and has a feelgood factor to it.................why dontyou dig kimberly goss ?

I beg to differ.
I watched a nightwish gig on tv the other day and it was horrible! Only good thing in that band is Marco Hietala and he doesn't sing enough to make the band bearable.

BoogieMk1 said:
seriously.....................?

kimberly goss can sing with passion, a rarething in metal indeed. i had some stuff from the death side of the fence, i satback andlistened to "vocals" that were imho nuthin short of "bawagggghhhhh reuugggggghhh deaggghhhhhhtttt"

i mean.....what the hell is that ? :erk:

stuff i have by sinergy is just fantastically melodic and has a feelgood factor to it.................why dontyou dig kimberly goss ?

It's got nothing to do with her singing. Sinergy is pretty good, just not my cup of tea. I was referring to the fact that Alexi from Children of Bodom is dating/married/engaged to/with her. Uggh. :ill: