How many heavy metal T-Shirts do you own?

ahh for PP a new and improved Woosta! Grats on the weight loss:headbang:

Thanks! My goal this year actually centered around a metal shirt. I wanted to wear my 1990 Pretty Maids shirt to ProgPower (and look halfway decent in it). So, that's the plan unless I somehow balloon up again over the summer. Maybe I could convince Glenn that I'm on a "Pretty Maids Hunger Strike" and I may starve to death if he doesn't invite Pretty Maids next year? But at 212, I think I have a lot more "Starving" to do to look convincing in that role! :lol:

Great post, thanks for responding! Also it looks like I'll be seeing you at the next T-Shirt Addicts Anonymous Meeting! :lol:

351 that's a damn fine number. I'm assuming you started a lot earlier than I did. I've only been collecting since the early 90's.

At some point in time, people are going to have to start submitting photos of their really cool ones ... just thought of that ...

Well I had a bunch and sold them back in the day because they didn't fit. So I started at less than 10 back in the early 90s. Most of mine have been purchased over the last 10 years, though. For a while, I was ordering them by the dozen from Europe (to save shipping individually) and I'll still be doing that if that goddamned Euro hadn't gone through the roof while the US Dollar sunk like a lead turd. The conversion rate has stopped my purchase of everything from Europe, pretty much. :(

I don't have any heavy metal t-shirts.
I have a ton of shirts made of cotton or rayon or a combination of both. But none made of heavy metal.
:saint:

15ish I would say. I get 1 from every show(if price is fair) and if I know a band wont cmoe near me ill grab it online.

I haven't counted in so long ... I have no idea. I too usually try to buy a shirt (particulrly if they have girlie-tees) from every band that I see live. Some bands I have multiple shirts for. I'm guessing the total count is somewhere around 50-75 at this point ... maybe 100. I guess I'll have to count when I'm doing my spring cleaning this year. Great thread by the way. :headbang:

Ah RUSH, what a band! I had an old Roll the Bones shirt that eventually gave up the ghost and I got rid of it, but that's as early as I went back. If you have any Fly by Night ones, I'll just cry! I wish I would have seen RUSH back in the day...

You need not cry. I only go back to the Signals tour, but I think I've got one from every tour after that. :)

You work at the GA Renaissance Festival??? You are my new hero!

Uh, it's just a weekend job for not much pay, selling swords and such for this blacksmith. It is fun, but after 4 weeks and another 4 to go, I can safely say it's starting to Get Old. :)

The MN Renaissance Festival comes around in late August and I always go at least 3 times ... and yes, I dress up. :lol:

Yep, and that's one of the best Faires in the country. I wanna go to it someday. The Georgia faire is lackluster in comparison.

Getting back to the topic, I don't own any GA RennFaire t-shirts. :heh:

Probably in the realm of 400 plus, but most I haven't wore in years. Would love to drop about 50 pounds and get into say my Judas Priest Painkiller shirt, or Savatage Gutter Ballet, or Testament Practice What You Preach tour, and so on. Most of my shirts are from 1987 to 1994 and then the buying of shirts dropped a lot from buying them at "every show" like I did originally. Some of the bands I have the most shirts from include Megadeth, AC/DC, and Motorhead.

I just took mine out a couple of months ago to pick one to wear to an 80's party and I have about 30. I would have had about 100 but after 1991 I did not buy many. I have started up again though but there is a whole decade of shirts I did not buy even though I was still going to shows. What is funny is that most of my shirts are now "VINTAGE" and worth a ton of money. Like most of us, I plan on keeping them.

Well I had a bunch and sold them back in the day because they didn't fit. So I started at less than 10 back in the early 90s. Most of mine have been purchased over the last 10 years, though. For a while, I was ordering them by the dozen from Europe (to save shipping individually) and I'll still be doing that if that goddamned Euro hadn't gone through the roof while the US Dollar sunk like a lead turd. The conversion rate has stopped my purchase of everything from Europe, pretty much. :(

Yeah, that's kinda the way I am, all of my T-shirt collecting started in the early 90's. Never thought of ordering from Europe though ... the closest I get to that is EXPLODING NED'S at ProgPower. :headbang:

At some point in time, people are going to have to start submitting photos of their really cool ones ... just thought of that ...

the oldest tshirt I have, yet the one that DID get the most wear, the most washing and the most moths :lol: All the others are in 98% better condition!
100_1285.jpg

I’m down to just a handful.

I tossed out a ton of very well-worn ones a few years back (Dokken, Queensryche, Judas Priest, Stryper, etc.) in one of my numerous (and usually ill-fated) attempts to organize my house. A couple of months later, I read an article that said kids were buying “vintage” metal shirts for big bucks. :cry:

Moral of the story: some of you are sitting on a veritable gold mine!

True. IIRC a friend sold some of hers from the 80's. I lost a shitload of mine when I moved from Florida when I was 16, and then I more or less quit buying them when I was roughly 20 with a few exceptions. I probably have about 30 left altogether, though some are in really horrendous shape. I *do* still have the second concert tee I ever bought (Mom accidentally bleached my first (Yngwie) one)--a white Queensrÿche O:M shirt which I bought in '89, and is sans sleeves and neck, and which you can literally see through. :p

Just added another one to the collection -- got my WATAIN T-Shirt last night from the tour manager...

How was that show? I'm thinking about going next Friday. Nachtmystium is one of my favorite bands and I loved them when they opened for 1349, and Angelcorpse is great as well. I really like what I've heard from Watain. Are the shirts cool? I didn't like the shirts at the 1349 show, but I really want to get a black metal shirt.

Anyway, about the original topic. I think I only have 5. Black Sabbath, Evergrey, Orphaned Land, Dark Tranquillity, and Stratovarius. I also have a Sonata Arctica hoodie. I have much more shirts from other genres of music that I don't really like anymore though, somewhere around 20 or 30 probably.

You need not cry. I only go back to the Signals tour, but I think I've got one from every tour after that. :)

That's mighty impressive! I started with Counterparts, so you've got a few tours on me. :loco:

Uh, it's just a weekend job for not much pay, selling swords and such for this blacksmith. It is fun, but after 4 weeks and another 4 to go, I can safely say it's starting to Get Old. :)

Oh wow, StarFire Swords, I know that guy, he's got a booth at the MN Ren Faire also. I was thinking about buying a more "metal" sword from him but what's the point if I can't bring it to concerts? :lol:

Yep, and that's one of the best Faires in the country. I wanna go to it someday. The Georgia faire is lackluster in comparison.

I've heard that except there is so much drama with the land owners and what-not. The faire has almost been shut down two or three times. They were thinking about relocating to someplace in Wisconsin but then that fell through.

Getting back to the topic, I don't own any GA RennFaire t-shirts. :heh:

HAH HAH! Actually I don't own any from my RenFest either, although they did come up with this one that says "Wenches Want Me" and I almost bought that because I thought it was really funny! :lol:

Probably in the realm of 400 plus, but most I haven't wore in years. Would love to drop about 50 pounds and get into say my Judas Priest Painkiller shirt, or Savatage Gutter Ballet, or Testament Practice What You Preach tour, and so on. Most of my shirts are from 1987 to 1994 and then the buying of shirts dropped a lot from buying them at "every show" like I did originally. Some of the bands I have the most shirts from include Megadeth, AC/DC, and Motorhead.

WOW!!! 400?! A fine number, I'd love to see a pic of the Savatage one ... I don't have any Savatage shirts ...