What Band Shirts Do You Own?

Well of course they're childish to wear if you're wearing shirts of bands w/ 16 year old fanbases ^_^

thx for the pointers, in an effort to look better i looked at ur shirts but idk man i don't really play the video games u mentioned. Legions of Astaroth, Ghost Kommando - sry im just not into mmorpgs or third person shooters. i also dont have a 360. :c

I know this is just your opinion, but I don't agree with this at all.

Congrats on losing 50 lbs btw. I'm trying to lose weight as well but i've only lost 12 as of now lol.

Thanks dude, it's not hard but it requires dedication. 12 is a great start. I'm not sure where you're starting from and where you're aiming for, but simple dietary changes can easily knock off 20 lbs within a few months with little exercise, but you wanna make sure you exercise too.

For some basic tips:

Avoid simple carbohydrates (white breads, pastries, etc) and try to go for complex carbs (fruits, veggies and whole grains). Eat lots of protein and fiber in the morning, and always keep track of how many cals you consume and how many you burn. I'm sure you've heard it all before! Most of all though - don't give up! You may have a few dark days when you have those christmas/thanksgiving dinners with the family and you see you've gained back a few pounds, but don't ever give up until you've reached your goal!

Thanks dude, it's not hard but it requires dedication. 12 is a great start. I'm not sure where you're starting from and where you're aiming for, but simple dietary changes can easily knock off 20 lbs within a few months with little exercise, but you wanna make sure you exercise too.

For some basic tips:

Avoid simple carbohydrates (white breads, pastries, etc) and try to go for complex carbs (fruits, veggies and whole grains). Eat lots of protein and fiber in the morning, and always keep track of how many cals you consume and how many you burn. I'm sure you've heard it all before! Most of all though - don't give up! You may have a few dark days when you have those christmas/thanksgiving dinners with the family and you see you've gained back a few pounds, but don't ever give up until you've reached your goal!

Thanks for your advice!

I'm going about it in a very 'slow' manner; what i'm going for is a lifestyle change rather than overloading on fruits and veggies until i hit my weight and then just gaining it back when I resume a 'normal'. I've been trying to slowly integrate healthier foods into my diet but the biggest change on my part is most days I sub out one meal for a protein shake and I try to do a half hour of walking every day. I'm also trying to limit portions too, but that's tough lol. I started at roughly 248 at the beginning of the year and now i'm at about 236, but i'm hoping to lose at least 26 more lbs.

Well of course they're childish to wear if you're wearing shirts of bands w/ 16 year old fanbases ^_^

OUCH!:zombie:

Thanks for your advice!

I'm going about it in a very 'slow' manner; what i'm going for is a lifestyle change rather than overloading on fruits and veggies until i hit my weight and then just gaining it back when I resume a 'normal'. I've been trying to slowly integrate healthier foods into my diet but the biggest change on my part is most days I sub out one meal for a protein shake and I try to do a half hour of walking every day. I'm also trying to limit portions too, but that's tough lol. I started at roughly 248 at the beginning of the year and now i'm at about 236, but i'm hoping to lose at least 26 more lbs.

Not to turn this into a fitness thread, but I'd say overall you're at the right start! You never want to lose too much weight too fast. It's gotta be a slow process. The only thing I'd probably say is make sure the protein shake you're drinking is whey based and not soy based - and also make sure that it's not high calorie.

I dropped 50 pounds a couple of years ago and have kept it off. For me it was about regular, vigorous exercise - mostly walking, but strength training as well - and portion control. Stopping halfway through each meal for five minutes made a HUGE impact. You give your body a chance to catch up and let you know if you're still hungry or you're eating the rest just because it's there.

Learning how to cook and preparing most of my meals at home also helped a great deal.

And just to keep this somewhat relevant, I wear metal t-shirts on the weekends, but they're two sizes smaller than they used to be.

To be honest, I'd probably be in better shape if it weren't for the fact that my body keeps breaking down when I try working out. Between my GI issues that have made running a struggle for the past decade and that my right Achilles tendon has never been able to fully heal since I injured it last August, it makes it difficult to sustain any exercise regimen.

As for T-Shirts, I have way too many band shirts. So much, that I've mostly stopped buying band shirts unless it is something special (or Rush. For some reason I can't seem to stop buying Rush shirts when they are in town.)

I'm no trainer or doctor, but have you just tried going for walks? I always try to get a walk in if I don't have the energy for any sort of rigorous cardiovascular workout.

Seven Kingdoms (signed by band), Pagan's Mind, Running Wild - under jolly roger, Evergrey PPUSA (the recent one), maybe a few more. I'm actually thinking about selling them.. I got them in a size smaller so I've haven't worn them yet (I'm only down 14lbs since january).

No joke. I chatted with him a bit at last year's Ragnarokkr fest. He definitely has a collection.

It isn't a collection...more of a hoarding. He couldnt tell you what shirts he has even...that is the scary part. I think he bought over 40 something shirts this past weekend at Ragnarokkr. It is great for bands so I never stop him.

I have a ton, so I'll just list the rare ones:
Crimson Glory - Transcendence tour shirt
Fates Warning - Awaken the Guardian and The Spectre Within tour shirts
Angra - Angels Cry, Holy Land, and Fireworks tour shirts
Helloween - Keepers 1 and 2 tour shirts
Evergrey - The Dark Discovery shirt
Conception - Flow tour shirt
maudlin of the Well - Part the First shirt
Threshold - Livedelica tour shirt
Vanden Plas - The God Thing shirt
Kamelot - The Fourth Legacy tour shirt
Stratovarius - 4th Dimension and Episode tour shirts
Blind Guardian - Somewhere Far Beyond tour shirt

I have a ton, so I'll just list the rare ones:
Fates Warning - Awaken the Guardian and The Spectre Within tour shirts
Conception - Flow tour shirt
Stratovarius - 4th Dimension and Episode tour shirts

Awesome.

I had someone offer me their Angra shirt for free because they just didn't want it. But I didn't take it because it was too small. Looking back, I should've just taken it and gone on a crash diet, heh.

Now, a serious question...

A lot of these "rare" shirts, more often than not are way too beat to be worn. Like, they're so faded, ripped, holed, deodorant stained, etc... that they make people who wear them look like bums.

My rare shirts are rarely worn, because some of them are not in the best condition. Which is really annoying at the same time, because hell, I'd like to show it to people at concerts, etc.

Now my question... a lot of people pay a lot of money for certain rare shirts. Is it really worth it sometimes, depending on the condition?