How many heavy metal T-Shirts do you own?

How was that show? I'm thinking about going next Friday. Nachtmystium is one of my favorite bands and I loved them when they opened for 1349, and Angelcorpse is great as well. I really like what I've heard from Watain. Are the shirts cool? I didn't like the shirts at the 1349 show, but I really want to get a black metal shirt.

Well, WATAIN's set was way too short. Very intense and their stage energy is really incredible. The band themselves are not very personable. Angelcorpse did not play on my tour ... something about them not being able to make it to my date ... I didn't get it. WATAIN headlined my show, the only stop on the tour for them to do so.

NACHTMYSTIUM is amazing. This is now the second time I've heard them and they sound even better live than they do on their CD's. They are also very affable off-stage. Since they live in Illinois, they told me they are willing to play MN whenever I need them ... I'm already planning a nice black metal festival for them to headline! :heh:

The Watain shirts are really dark and spooky -- everything you'd expect from the unholy trinity! :zombie:

I do not own many at all because it has been years since I have been to many metal shows and the ones I did go to, money was slim. When I was a young lad, I had many. Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, April Wine, Journey, Triumph.......well you get the idea. Just about every show I went to, I purchased one and we went to a lot of shows.

I am going to shows again after many years as I now have the funds to do so. Most shows are out of town as nothing comes here to east TN and thus it becomes expensive to attend shows. I was very disapointed in that there was only one shirt available at the Within Temptation show and it had the cover of the album on the front of the "T" and NOTHING on the back. Sorry, I am not going to pay $25.00 for a 1 sided t shirt. The quality of the print job on it was very poor as well. It reminded me of a Rhopsody shirt that my step son brought back to me from Romania last summer. I have never seen a print job look so bad on a shirt. I hope to find some killer shirts at ProgPower this year to add to my dismal collection.

April Wine, Journey, Triumph........

OMG April Wine!!! One band I never saw live and would've loved too~!! I've always wanted to hear a metal band cover "Crash and Burn" :headbang:

I did see Journey, Triumph, B.O.C. and Aldo Nova in 84 at the Rosebowl, excellent show!!

p.s. working on getting the container out on Tuesday... I have to move all my husbands boxes of toys and comic books :)

OMG April Wine!!! One band I never saw live and would've loved too~!! I've always wanted to hear a metal band cover "Crash and Burn" :headbang:

Yep....If I am not mistaken,this was the first rock concert I went to. When they set off the pyro at the end of the show, I knew I was hooked to live shows. :headbang: Most of the shirts back then were the 3/4 sleeve Baseball style shirts.......I loved those.

I want the Primal Fear shirt that has a statment on the back about going to hell. Something about if you go to hell you will be there forever. Anyone know where I can get that shirt?

There is a secretary at my work that has a ton of original concert t-shirt from the late 60's and 70's. She has original Led Zeppelin and Stones concert shirts to name the important ones, lol. She brought a few in to work to show me awhile back and they were in good shape still. Of course, when I offered her money she laughed. The quote was, "these shirts are all proof of my wild and crazy youth, can't part with the memories."

I just inventoried all of the T-shirts I could get to and my original estimate, 100-150, was surprisingly close. I counted 128 shirts. :cool:

Some of the ones that stood out:

• PPUSA 1.0 (Chicago)
  • PP 1999 (Europe, first year ever)
  • Ozric Tentacles UK Tour 1993 (it glows in the dark....brightly, too)
  • Ytsejam@ax.com mailng list hoodie
  • Dio, Last In Line tour
  • The Who Tommy 25th Anniv. 1989
  • Godhead "Borg" artwork tee
  • Journey "roadie" jacket (huuuge patch sewn on the back, too)
  • Rush, New World Tour 82-83
  • Rush, National Midnight Star mailing list tee
  • Dream Theater, Metropolis 2000 Scenes From NY event shirt
  • Autograph Sign In Please
  • Dream Theater, Fix for '96 limited date tee
  • Superior, Younique (looks brighter than the old 'behind' shirt which I also have)
  • two Metallica shirts from c.1994, part of a package of six sent to me by Kirk Hammett. I honestly don't remember why, now....

i have 3, 1 poison 1 KISS, 1 MEGADETH im planning on getting a GNR a black sabbath, an AC/DC an aerosmith a metallica a judas priest and a motley crue, a led zeppelin, a snake eyes seven( i know theirt drummer)

I found out I'm here at my unpaid internship for a few more hours than planned so I plan on being as unproductive as I can. I just ordered a Primal Fear shirt from ebay and after reading this I do want to go home and clean / organize / count. I want to guess I have over a hundred at my apt in San Antonio. Then there's maybe twenty in Midland that over the years just got holey, worn out, torn or too small. Hey I wasnt always a friggin quadruple XL hahah.

I rarely ever purchase shirts anymore as they are absolutely ridiculously priced. I completely understand this is where touring bands make most of their money, etc. As a full time corporate employee though, I rarely get the chance to wear the handful I own.

In Jr High and High School, I had some great shirts such as:

Iron Maiden - World Slavery Tour (Eddie in Chains, same as cover of the tour program)
VoiVod - Dimension Hatross Tour shirt
Exodus - Toxic Waltz shirt (From Headbangers Ball tour)
Slayer - tour shirt from South of Heaven (White shirt with daggers in their logo going through the globe)
King Diamond - THEM Tour shirt
Motley Crue - a Red Theater of Pain shirt (very cool at the time, as few bands had non-black tour shirts)

like 15 but i really need to stop buying them, i keep buying shirts from bands I get burned out in a little bit and lose a shit load of money. thank god I didnt start buying cds when I got into metal too, id be broke as fuck

Firewind
Pagan's Mind
Prog Power 6, 7, 8
Sepultura
Napalm Death
Suicidal Tendencies (2)
Nightwish
Iron Maiden (4)
System Of A Down
Metallica (2 Old School)
AC DC
Rage Against The Machine