How many John Bush fans won't be buying Worship Music?

FUCK ALL OF YOU BUSH NAYSAYERS!! I WAS AN ANTHRAX FAN WAY BEFORE BUSH. I THOUGHT BUSH WAS GREAT WITH ANTHRAX. I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT FOR THE NEW ANTHRAX ALBUM WITH JOEY. I ALREADY KNOW IM GONNA FUCKING LOVE IT

I really don't plan on buying it. Not really because of Joey per se, just tired of Scott & Charlie's non-stop "Best line up ever", "this is the real Anthrax", etc. Just tired of the drama.....I do like the new song, though.

You didnt like Joey's stuff before, why would this one be any different?

I never disliked the music/songs themselves...I just couldn't stand the vocals. Which is why I dig GOTE...the weak point is replaced with John. And yeah, he was rough around the edges on some of that stuff (and it wasn't what the hardcore Joey era fans were used to hearing)...but Joey had as many takes as he wanted to record the original studio versions. John knocked his tracks out LIVE in the studio and still sounded better (in my opinion).

I never disliked the music/songs themselves...I just couldn't stand the vocals. Which is why I dig GOTE...the weak point is replaced with John. And yeah, he was rough around the edges on some of that stuff (and it wasn't what the hardcore Joey era fans were used to hearing)...but Joey had as many takes as he wanted to record the original studio versions. John knocked his tracks out LIVE in the studio and still sounded better (in my opinion).

As opposed to?

Maybe someone here can clear this up for me. Why is it people feel the need to be EITHER a John fan OR a Joey fan.

I have been listening since ATL came out. I ushered the MTV Headbangers Ball (with Helloween and Exodus) during the SOE days. I loved watching Joey perform. I was a Junior at Slippery Rock working for the campus radio station when SoWN came out (I played the shit out of it, btw). I loved the power of John just as much. It was different but it was still Anthrax.

So why is everyone taking sides on this issue. Is it because of the personal quarrels, etc. between Joey and John? Does that really need to have anything to do with whether or not you listen to an album?

Maybe someone can shed a little light for me.

vertigokeyz said:
Maybe someone here can clear this up for me. Why is it people feel the need to be EITHER a John fan OR a Joey fan.

I have been listening since ATL came out. I ushered the MTV Headbangers Ball (with Helloween and Exodus) during the SOE days. I loved watching Joey perform. I was a Junior at Slippery Rock working for the campus radio station when SoWN came out (I played the shit out of it, btw). I loved the power of John just as much. It was different but it was still Anthrax.

So why is everyone taking sides on this issue. Is it because of the personal quarrels, etc. between Joey and John? Does that really need to have anything to do with whether or not you listen to an album?

Ditto. Joey was the singer when I git into the, John was the singer that cemented them ad my favorite band.

But as I said over, and over again. I'm a ANTHRAX fan, whoever is singing.

No big mystery in my case - I love John's voice, and I never cared for Joey's.

A lot of people don't feel the need to be either a John or Joey fan. For those who do, I think it comes more to musical direction than anything else. With Joey, Anthrax were clearly a thrash band. With John, they clearly were not.

I think that's the main thing. Sure, there are people who prefer the sound of one's voice over the other, but it seems like the biggest point of contention is the music. And right or wrong, fair or not, bands are generally identified by their singer, and people assume the singer exerts control over the direction of the band. That is definitely not the case with Anthrax, along with numerous other bands.

Therefore, Joey = thrash which was good, John = grunge/groove which was bad. I think that for a lot of people, that would probably be a fair summary of the arguments. Not perfect, but fair.

A lot of people don't feel the need to be either a John or Joey fan. For those who do, I think it comes more to musical direction than anything else. With Joey, Anthrax were clearly a thrash band. With John, they clearly were not.

I think that's the main thing. Sure, there are people who prefer the sound of one's voice over the other, but it seems like the biggest point of contention is the music. And right or wrong, fair or not, bands are generally identified by their singer, and people assume the singer exerts control over the direction of the band. That is definitely not the case with Anthrax, along with numerous other bands.

Therefore, Joey = thrash which was good, John = grunge/groove which was bad. I think that for a lot of people, that would probably be a fair summary of the arguments. Not perfect, but fair.

Some opinions could be the other way around. Not all think the groovier John Bush era was bad.

Regardless, it's not musical direction that makes me prefer John - I love him on the thrash stuff too, and I love the old songs - I just never liked the Steve Perry style Belladonna vocals - it takes away the aggression. But then some people like that, because it was different.

the combination of the Steve Perry style-vocals + the aggressive Thrash sound is what makes classic Anthrax so special, it sets them apart from all the bands with typical Thrash-vocals like Slayer, Sepultura, Sodom, Destruction...