How many Keyboard Player are in here?

CliffBurton said:
Speaking of Keys..
Im looking at a Korg K61.

Im not going to be preforming with it, mainly jsut to help me with guitar and bass theory, write some wicked riffs, and maybe recrod some epic intro type stuff. (and of course to have somthing I can Fuck around with)

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/K61/

Just to plug into my computer and mes around with. Any suggestions on somthing else maybe? somthing cheaper or better?

I think is a good MIDI Key...
what VST are you going to use?

i'm not very experienced in keys...

do you know what is a MIDI keyboard? It has no sounds... so u need external sounds generated by an expander or a computer software (VST are virtual instruments)...

ok?

midi = hardware (on your soundcard)
FX = software (programs)

... am i right? i dunno :D

XxScandinavianMedalxX said:
I have been playing keyboard since i was 10, maybe 11?
And don't chase Janne away with all your questions :lol:

do you mean we have to ask you? if u have the answers, tell us all....

Smartass...
is Janne actually answering your questions?

no he is not answering but,
i don't understand why you wrote the sentence "I have been playing keyboard since i was 10, maybe 11?"..

do you want to say something particular?

That was the thread. So i was simply pointing out i play keyboard and a little background to that.

I started about 10 years ago, when I was 12, then I had and accident and since I was not as good as before I just quit... but I really never stopped playing, I always tried to do something but I was scared... lately I started playing a lot again, I'm doin it all the time... I have two keybords, but one is very very old, I don't even rimember what model is... it's in the garaage, abbandoned... the other one, I keep it like it's the man of my life XD it's a farfisa g8... I don't know wether it's good or not, but it's rthe keyboard of my life, and I will never throw it away, not even when it breaks down... *drools*

§healer devil§ said:
I started about 10 years ago, when I was 12, then I had and accident and since I was not as good as before I just quit... but I really never stopped playing, I always tried to do something but I was scared... lately I started playing a lot again, I'm doin it all the time... I have two keybords, but one is very very old, I don't even rimember what model is... it's in the garaage, abbandoned... the other one, I keep it like it's the man of my life XD it's a farfisa g8... I don't know wether it's good or not, but it's rthe keyboard of my life, and I will never throw it away, not even when it breaks down... *drools*
Sorry to hear about the accident, but kickass :kickass:

That was the thread. So i was simply pointing out i play keyboard and a little background to that.

aaah the thread has a subject... i forgot it..... :ill:

scandinavianmedal > vitox > HomerJ_123 :heh:

i play keyboards...not QUITE like janne :worship: .....but still...i started when i was 5, i can actually play the piano itself properly......but synths its SO different, being in a band and doing solos and stuff compared to playing boring pieces on the piano for no reason

i got an X5 recently, pretty much cause janne has one......>.< i love it tho, havent quite worked out how the hell to do anything other than play the presets and mess around with changing programmes a litte.

anyone know how to get janne's solo sound? (or jen's for that matter? O_O) theres only like....1 preset suitable. its crap.........

of_darkness_and_light said:
i play keyboards...not QUITE like janne :worship: .....but still...i started when i was 5, i can actually play the piano itself properly......but synths its SO different, being in a band and doing solos and stuff compared to playing boring pieces on the piano for no reason

i got an X5 recently, pretty much cause janne has one......>.< i love it tho, havent quite worked out how the hell to do anything other than play the presets and mess around with changing programmes a litte.

anyone know how to get janne's solo sound? (or jen's for that matter? O_O) theres only like....1 preset suitable. its crap.........

No idea on how to do stuff. but:
1) Your name is a kickass song :O
2) We are debating getting a keyboardist that has been trained on classical piano since she was little, but she isnt into metal at all, and doesnt know what to do with synths. So we would have to write all her parts for her, which isnt terrible becuase I write 75% of my bands music (excpet lyrics) :p

of_darkness_and_light said:

what keyboard do you have?

I play keyboard/piano! Started piano 10 years ago and have gotten into keyboards since I got into metal (couple of years ago)! I'm currently waiting to get a Korg X5D.