How many of you DONT drive?

Do you have a car?

• I have a car

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • I dont have a car

Votes: 25 51.0%

• Total voters
Wow, I'm amazed by how many people don't drive... considering how amazing it is to fly down the freeway with chunks of metal slamming your ears!

I would actually love that. But, I don't see too well. I know I probably could legally drive but I'm petrified to try.

I can see the road ok, but I cannot read a single sign until it is right upon me. :cry:

I have a car, drive to work, but of the past six years, three of those were without car. While I was in grad school, I was happy without a car, as I lived in an apartment right off campus, and most everything I could need was in walking distance (within two miles or so). Minus the occasional blizzard which was hell to walk in, I found my health was better, and I liked the freedom. If I needed to drive long distance, I'd rent a car.

As far as how much I've driven: I've been a professional driver for a rental car place (where I worked for most of college as an undergrad), a cab driver, a driver for an equipment dealer and a diesel mechanic so I can drive pretty much any vehicle that doesn't require a CDL, and a lot of the vehicles that do require one

Where I live now is absolute hell without a car, and I did it for eight months. The public transportation is horrifying, and things are so damned far apart it can take four hours on bus between transfers and bad traffic to get halfway across the city. So not driving isn't an option anymore.

I enjoy driving when it's not of necessity, but pretty much hate any sort of commuting or inner-city driving. When I move, my goal is to be as non-dependent on a car as possible, but keep it for trips and other necessaries.