How many of you...

First, check the avatar to your left. Now you'll understand why I have all of the produced material I could possibly find stateside by Therion. The only item's I'm missing are the 'singles'. And hopefully someday i'll have those as well.

For the ones who don't 'get' Therion, I have no issue with you. To each his own. I certainly don't 'get' PoS, so I happily gave my spot on the floor to folks who did - twice! In the same respect, while the ones who 'can't stand Therion' are in the bar drinking and carousing, I'll be front row center, head-banging and throwing horns!

I have one cd by Manticora and haven't listened to it for quite a while to be perfectly honest. I'll dig it out soon and start dissecting the songs again. Good stuff, but not high on my list.

~Hoyt.

Rider of Theli said:
First, check the avatar to your left. Now you'll understand why I have all of the produced material I could possibly find stateside by Therion. The only item's I'm missing are the 'singles'. And hopefully someday i'll have those as well.

For the ones who don't 'get' Therion, I have no issue with you. To each his own. I certainly don't 'get' PoS, so I happily gave my spot on the floor to folks who did - twice! In the same respect, while the ones who 'can't stand Therion' are in the bar drinking and carousing, I'll be front row center, head-banging and throwing horns!

I have one cd by Manticora and haven't listened to it for quite a while to be perfectly honest. I'll dig it out soon and start dissecting the songs again. Good stuff, but not high on my list.

~Hoyt.
Amen, Rider ofTheli! I'll be up front fuckin' head-banging with you! THERION rules and I also understand your Pain Of Salvation statement, too. I hung out for pretty much their entire set last year with Urbanbreed from Tad Morose in the vendor area. THERION just is the icing on the cake for me this year. THERION is metal in every sense of the word!

Rider of Theli said:
For the ones who don't 'get' Therion, I have no issue with you. To each his own. I certainly don't 'get' PoS, so I happily gave my spot on the floor to folks who did - twice!

Well, at least I'm batting .500 with you.... heh

In the same respect, while the ones who 'can't stand Therion' are in the bar drinking and carousing, I'll be front row center, head-banging and throwing horns!

--Which, when you consider Therion's Viking influences, might actually consist of throwing drinking-horns full of mead on stage. :tickled:

Incidentally, when I first learned from Glenn in email that I had sponsored Therion, you were one of the first PP attendees I thought of.

Err, can't imagine why. :D

I was all over the bar for food during Kamelot last year but I understand those who love them. I was front/right for Pain of Salvation though. I would have gone to Sweden just to see one of those "Be" gigs.

I really wish Circus Maximus already had their cd out as I would be all over it!!

I picked up five discs from Therion as soon as they were announced. I've been listening to them steadily since. They're great, and I'm looking forward to their show.

I got a Manticora disc for free once. I thought it was just OK.

Joe

Yep. Pssst, it's on the "bands" page of the PP site, but don't tell anyone. It'll be our secret (and also for folks who read signatures :)).

I was a bit startled m'self. Of all the bands in my "wish list" to Glenn, I thought Therion was one of the more remote possibilities. Once again, Glenn proves he's da fuckin' man. :worship: